Like Tree64Likes

California fitness applied for bankruptcy?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    But I just DID. And they didn't help.
    When I cancelled my membership years ago, I faxed California Fitness a letter and sent a copy to my credit card company advising them of the cancellation and not to charge my card. It worked.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    When I cancelled my membership years ago, I faxed California Fitness a letter and sent a copy to my credit card company advising them of the cancellation and not to charge my card. It worked.
    I sent an email to CF a couple of days ago and have kept a copy (screenshot since it was their online system). Lets see if that's enough.....

Whole lot of bullshit from the CE. Just like the Link REIT issue, all talk, no walk.

Sad state of affairs in HK when a gym closure needs a mayor's response.
    WMDS, JAherbert and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by james1234:
    I paid for the whole contract as lump sum upfront for 2 years of membership, still have 1 year left on membership...

How screwed am I?
    Half, it sounds like.

sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    So I rung up HSBC to ask them how to stop the autopay. Contact CF, they said.
    So I tried to contact CF (knowing it was kind of pointless, but also so that the next conversation with HSBC might be more fruitful)... obviously nobody is answering any of their phone numbers so useless.
    Back to HSBC - "you can cancel your card and get a new one" was the next piece of gloriously useless advice from the Filipina in the English language call centre.
    So I tried my local HSBC Premier Branch. They did at least try to help. Their advice - wait and see if the next payment goes through. If/when it does, dispute the charge and get it refunded. There is (apparently) no way to stop an autopay from this end, and she did sympathise and understand that if the retailer is in bankruptcy and not answering the phone this is somewhat problematic!
    You need to read the fine-print. The lifetime membership is just for payment, not for using the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    You need to read the fine-print. The lifetime membership is just for payment, not for using the gym.
    Nothing to do with lifetime membership

I stopped by The One yesterday and there was a bunch of members loitering outside trying to get the stuff in their lockers. I have always been under the impression that most normal folks rent shoe lockers to stash a pair of shoes and some toiletries....however I learned that some of these guys leave their passports in their shoe lockers, emergency cash (few grand), Ipads, laptops and even jewelry and watches. I hope they manage to get their gear back at some point.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    ... I have always been under the impression that most normal folks rent shoe lockers to stash a pair of shoes and some toiletries....however I learned that some of these guys leave their passports in their shoe lockers, emergency cash (few grand), Ipads, laptops and even jewelry and watches. I hope they manage to get their gear back at some point.
    shri, Bob Loblaw, JaredHK and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    I stopped by The One yesterday and there was a bunch of members loitering outside trying to get the stuff in their lockers. I have always been under the impression that most normal folks rent shoe lockers to stash a pair of shoes and some toiletries....however I learned that some of these guys leave their passports in their shoe lockers, emergency cash (few grand), Ipads, laptops and even jewelry and watches. I hope they manage to get their gear back at some point.
    Dumb fuckers.

Really, leaving such valuables in a third party, effectively uninsured site, I have to say it again, dumb fuckers.
    shri, JaredHK and JAherbert like this.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast