• 3 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By Mat

Marketing advice for a new mountain bike hiring business

Closed Thread

Marketing advice for a new mountain bike hiring business

Hi all,

I am starting up a new mountain bike hiring business that specializes in hiring top level full suspension mountain bikes.
    The hiring includes a guide and we take our clients to ride one of Hong Kongs best routes around Tai Lam Reservoir and Tai Mo Shan.

Our target market is families, avid mountain biker, anyone needing a proper mountain bike and anyone looking for an outdoor activity to do either as a family or a challenge to oneself.

I am reaching out to the community for advice on the best way to market my brand either social or print? What magazine is best suited for my target market? Will brochures around Central work?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Cheers
    Pete

Social Media, facebook especially.

Peter Li likes this.

Create a Meetup Group with bikes available To hire for anyone who does not have their own? That way you get to meet the existing community too and word of mouth may spread. Also contact the mountain bike association. Their chairman seemed like a nice bloke when I emailed him about something.

Peter Li likes this.

Put an ad on here ( you can send me the commission Shri )

Peter Li likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Li:
    Hi all,

I am starting up a new mountain bike hiring business that specializes in hiring top level full suspension mountain bikes.
    The hiring includes a guide and we take our clients to ride one of Hong Kongs best routes around Tai Lam Reservoir and Tai Mo Shan.

Our target market is families, avid mountain biker, anyone needing a proper mountain bike and anyone looking for an outdoor activity to do either as a family or a challenge to oneself.

I am reaching out to the community for advice on the best way to market my brand either social or print? What magazine is best suited for my target market? Will brochures around Central work?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Cheers
    Pete
    Get in touch with the trail running community. lots of them bike too. Asia trail magazine would be a start.
    Peter Li likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Put an ad on here ( you can send me the commission Shri )
    He has already done that ....

No one starts a business and invests in it and then comes to forums going ... "how do I market my super duper premium bike and tour business"

Hi Guys and Gals,

Thank you all for your advice, I definitely will pursue them. What about magazines like Time out and social media like Coconuts and HK times?

Love This expat community, always so helpful, thanks again.