Like Tree37Likes

What do you do for exercise?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do you do for exercise?

Just curious to see Geo's habits when it comes to exercise, my kettlebell at home workout is boring the crap out of me and lately all I've been doing is stretching. What do you do for exercise? Gym, hiking, yoga, biking, swimming, whatever. I need to make my workout fun and purposeful.

I run 100 miles a month. Do H.I.I.T. workouts twice a week. And as important as those two things, I've adjusted my eating habits.

Exercise equipment in my home gym:
    1. Pull-up bar
    2. Dumb bells
    3. Wobble Board
    4. Kettle bells
    5. Foam rollers
    6. TRX straps
    7. Bike and trainer
    8. Nordictrack skier
    9. Resistance bands
    10. Ab wheel
    11. Exercise program videos
    12. Plyometric box
    13. Jump rope
    14. GPS watch/HRM
    15. 12 lbs slamball (just ordered)

Last edited by huja; 06-07-2016 at 01:08 AM.
    rickyross likes this.

I'd recommend finding a workout buddy. Change things up. About two months ago, I joined a running group and run with them once a week. They take a different route than my normal run. The group has runners of different abilities. We share training tips, info about upcoming races, etc. I prefer to run solo most of the time, but once a week with this group is a nice way to keep running fresh and avoid a rut.

rickyross likes this.

When I'm not injured I hike twice a week and go to pump classes in the gym once a week. I used to play squash too until I lost my partner.

rickyross likes this.

According to my Gear S2, I walk about 20,000 steps per day. It still barks at me that I'm fat, drink too much caffeine, eat too much and need to start an exercise regime, but what does it know?

I used to go to the gym regularly before work, but I changed careers, had kids and can no longer find the time. I have lost count of all the clothes I have put in the donation bin because I can no longer fit in them.

A typical week:
    - Monday - Rest
    - Tuesday - Track session - speed work with a bunch a peeps at Aberdeen Track. Awesome work out. lasts 45mn+10mn cool down
    - Wednesday - 8-9 km night evening run
    - Thursday - 8-9 km night evening run
    - Friday - lunch run (10-12km on trails on HK island)
    - Saturday - Long run (25-40km on trails mostly NT/Lantau)
    - Sunday - whatever is planned that day...kayak, swim, hike etc

And from Feb to June - Dragon Boat will replace the long run on Saturdays.

huja and rickyross like this.

@Mat - I'm going to show up with a box of donuts one of these tuesdays... lets see how long that track session lasts. (or if I get beaten up!)

Mat, huja and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I run 100 miles a month. Do H.I.I.T. workouts twice a week. And as important as those two things, I've adjusted my eating habits.
    With that much exercise, I would expect that adjusting eating habits means "eat all the food that you can get your hands on"

Quote Originally Posted by M Khan:
    According to my Gear S2, I walk about 20,000 steps per day. It still barks at me that I'm fat, drink too much caffeine, eat too much and need to start an exercise regime, but what does it know?

I used to go to the gym regularly before work, but I changed careers, had kids and can no longer find the time. I have lost count of all the clothes I have put in the donation bin because I can no longer fit in them.
    What arm do you wear your Gear S2 on?

You sure it's tracking "steps"?
    chuckster007 and rickyross like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    With that much exercise, I would expect that adjusting eating habits means "eat all the food that you can get your hands on"
    In a way that's true. I don't monitor how much I eat. I do however, monitor what I eat.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast