Like Tree13Likes

How to cancel Pure Membership

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    JayBl

Angry How to cancel Pure Membership

Hi,

I am on a Corporate Benefit Contract with 12 month period ending Dec 2016.
    I am leaving HK end of August for good and will not return.
    Pure does not allow me to transfer the memebrship below 12 month.
    They say when I breach the contract I have to pay 1000+200 for each month I have paid already (=2600HKD)
    This also means the longer I stay with them now the more I have to pay when leaving earlier at the end.

There must be a law in this country allowing to get out of contracts when leaving for work reasons, no?

Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by JayBl:
    Hi,

There must be a law in this country allowing to get out of contracts when leaving for work reasons, no?

Help!!
    Uh, no, why on earth would that be the case?

And have you read the contract terms or are you just going on what someone at the gym told you?
    shri, Cwbguy, Fiona in HKG and 1 others like this.

I have dealt with Pure for several years now, and found them to be pretty honest in the cesspit that is the gym industry in HK.

If you signed a contract, they will hold you to it which seems pretty reasonable to me.

The wording of the contract makes no sense at all. Are you sure it isn't $1000 plus $200 for every outstanding month of your contract?

Fiona in HKG and emx like this.

They say when I breach the contract I have to pay 1000+200 for each month I have paid already (=2600HKD)
    This also means the longer I stay with them now the more I have to pay when leaving earlier at the end.
    This can't be correct. Otherwise it's cheaper just to pay the monthly fee until December.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

cancel your credit card and run for it LOL

JayBl

Cancel / Transfer Pure Membership

How did you get out of the Pure contract? I have a 12 month contract leaving for good but they will not let me out. In fact they claim a penalty payment and 100 for each month I have not payed yet. I think they do not have the lage ground to do so. --> Are they even allowed to hold members shich are registered in another country and not regeistered to HK at all?

How did you get out of the Pure contract? I have a 12 month contract leaving for good but they will not let me out. In fact they claim a penalty payment and 100 for each month I have not payed yet. I think they do not have the lage ground to do so. --> Are they even allowed to hold members shich are registered in another country and not regeistered to HK at all?
    Transfer it to someone else through the classifieds

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/tic...ym-memberships

JayBl

Are Gym's allowed to hold contracts with people who are not registered in the country as per resident? I do not think so.

I will check back with the gym on the penalty. I guess, it is rather 1000 penalty plus 200 per unpaid month. I also checked in the contract and cant find this statement anywhere..

If anybody has a legal advice on customer laws for example. It would be highly appreciated!

JayBl

I tried that. They said I am not allowed to as long as I am below 12 month minimum membership.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast