Fitness First Gym Mate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fitness First Gym Mate

Hey anyone is training in fitness first Sheung Wan/Causeway Bay?
    Looking to lift heavier on my 3 major lifts... anyone who's interested to train together please pm me.

Cheer,
    Kev

I'm looking for a new gym and considering fitness first. Can I just ask what kind of plates they have? Round or hexagonal? Just wondering because of deadlifts - prefer round ones.

If I join I would be happy to train with you maybe once a week but I would use the TST club more often.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I'm looking for a new gym and considering fitness first. Can I just ask what kind of plates they have? Round or hexagonal? Just wondering because of deadlifts - prefer round ones.

If I join I would be happy to train with you maybe once a week but I would use the TST club more often.

Hey mate,

You are basically in the same situation that I was at a month ago, i.e. looking for bumper plates for DL. Physical, California (probably gone now) are using hex plates, where fitness first and pure fitness uses round plates. In some FF gyms, say Sheung wan and Causeway Bay, they have platforms and bumper plates. This is also the reason why I train there.

Bonus: Olympic rings too.

Quote Originally Posted by eminemkh:
    Hey mate,

You are basically in the same situation that I was at a month ago, i.e. looking for bumper plates for DL. Physical, California (probably gone now) are using hex plates, where fitness first and pure fitness uses round plates. In some FF gyms, say Sheung wan and Causeway Bay, they have platforms and bumper plates. This is also the reason why I train there.

Bonus: Olympic rings too.
    Nice. Yeah I was a member of pure for 2 years but kowloon is better for me now. Any idea if they have bumper plates in TST too? I guess I should just go and look around!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Nice. Yeah I was a member of pure for 2 years but kowloon is better for me now. Any idea if they have bumper plates in TST too? I guess I should just go and look around!
    I don't think so.. I talked to a trainer from TST (the one on FF group training promotion) and he said he train in Hong Kong side too because TST has no platforms

Quote Originally Posted by eminemkh:
    I don't think so.. I talked to a trainer from TST (the one on FF group training promotion) and he said he train in Hong Kong side too because TST has no platforms
    Hmm OK thanks for info. Well maybe I'll do the heavy stuff once a week in HK side and use TST for the rest. If I join I'll let you know.

Cool mate

I've joined Fitness First now. OP or anyone else - I'm looking for a weekly training partner for deadlifts and maybe bench too.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed on Fitness first now. They have all the equipments but crap human management. They asked me to put a crash mat on the platform to deadlift and on the jerk box for overhead workS...

Just bumping this thread for more gym mates...
    I can also train people for free, I need experience...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast