Like Tree29Likes

Gym Deals for Calfornia Fitness Members

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I even saw some other gyms recently taking advantage of the recent mess with promotions on "changing gym membership" schemes.

Wow....capitalism at work.

That's all I can say is haggle.

I'm with Physical, and I managed to knock 4k off the opening price.

Ended up paying $3500 for 12 months membership (upfront).

I just told the guy... I know people who have paid this and I want to pay the same.

The one I go to isn't too bad. It's cleaned regularly and isn't that busy, but then I do go late.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I suspect he has in mind something like my plan, where I pay 538 a month. So I would now pay 538 a month to a new gym, they would get a new customer (and new money) and I would get a new gym at the same price.

Unfortunately, I think a large number of CF members prepaid (quite why escapes me entirely!) - in which case the above is not as attractive.
    Easy to say that in hindsight. The price if you paid up front was around 300 a month so a huge saving compared to your 538. But obviously it doesn't look that way now!

I think if you join Physical its more of a downgrade compared to Cali Fitness, but obviously prices are more affordable. Also with Cali closing, I would say a good 60%+ members would swamp Physical making it worse than it was before with the crowd.

Fitness first is an upgrade but almost double the price of California. It's a shame really cause California Fitness was the mid range price (I used them for 5 years and switched to Fitness First 5 months ago luckily)

Bit the bullet and joined FF - paying 750bucks a month. After being a CF member for many years FF is quite a breath of fresh air. I use Central and CWB which are both new and clean - they provide towels and clothing etc. The weights area is comparatively small with a larger space for cross fit and functional exercise. I'm liking the complimentary tea and coffee and rest area but the clincher has been the better eye candy and lower botty bandit count.

banditz, Trebor and JaredHK like this.

I have joined Pure. It is around 1xxx per month , depends on which location you joined. It is a bit costly compared to FF or physical, but I just feel safer.

Its best to wait a few months and use the 6 months free at Physical. There are many new clubs opening in the next few months net to the old California locations and we are already seeing this in TST and MKK.
    @TeachHK I initially paid the $4700 for a year but got it refunded during the 1 week cooloff. I opted for the 6 month free deal and was told repeatedly that I would pay $5900 upwards after the 6 month. Today they offer me the same 12 month deal at $2970.

Physical is sending out SMS messages this evening offering Ex Calif members a monthly rate of HKD180 per month

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Physical is sending out SMS messages this evening offering Ex Calif members a monthly rate of HKD180 per month
    Yes, that place is bizarre. The day California Fitness closed they tried to sign me up for over 650HKD per month. At the end of July they offered me 289HKD. I ended up with 6 months free, no contract, no payment membership. I am now quite happy.
    JaredHK likes this.

Wow, I should have read this thread earlier. Just joined one of their gym newly open in town :
    ended up with 30 months for ~310HKD. Access to all gym centers in HK and some free coupons.

I thought it was not a bad price coming from FF.

Might use the 7 days cooling period to bargain more seeing what some here got for 1 year !! 180HKD/mth is pretty cheap.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4