Like Tree29Likes

Gym Deals for Calfornia Fitness Members

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gym Deals for Calfornia Fitness Members

Hi there. I was a member of California fitness and now need to find another gym.
    I was wondering what type of deals you guys have found. I went to Fitness First in Causeway Bay and they offered a year deal at $748 per month. If you pay upfront they will throw in an extra month (so avg cost $690 per month). They will waive admin and join up fees of $400 and $800 respectively. The gym itself is really nice and they have towel service, shorts and tshirts, free coffee and tea. All covered with membership. Guy said he'd throw in 2 additional locations as well. Also with any membership you get free access to all the worldwide locations.

Anyone else find any decent deals for other gyms??

Quote Originally Posted by JSunnin:
    Hi there. I was a member of California fitness and now need to find another gym.
    I was wondering what type of deals you guys have found. I went to Fitness First in Causeway Bay and they offered a year deal at $748 per month. If you pay upfront they will throw in an extra month (so avg cost $690 per month).
    I'm amazed you are even considering paying upfront for a year given what has just happened...
    emx, imparanoic and irisboards like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JSunnin:

Anyone else find any decent deals for other gyms??

Physical is offering 6 months free on 1 year memberships @4790
    or
    6 months free upfront with no strings attached and pay $5900 a year after the 6 months expire, you can choose to walk away.

The only problem is the club I used at in TST was crowded due to these promos, locker and showers filthy at times and the gym was super busy with a 15 minute wait to use equipment in the morning or after work. I saw the cops there a few times and there have been a few theft cases which was commonplace at California. Towels need to be rented at $20 each or you can carry your own. Shoe lockers are $3000 each a year.

I noticed a lot of dirty old ladies (65+) constantly perving at the guys. I had one on the couch near my cross trainer smiling at me while rubbing her nipples through her top. They usually lounge around on the couches in the lounge area which is right by the cardio machines. I spoke with the staff and they said they were aware and the old ladies were just bored and harmless.

I am considering Anytime Fitness as I use their facilities in the US and Singapore and plan to sign up in the US since their sales people in HK are a total fucking joke. They wanted me to come all the way down to the club and sign a contract before they give me a price.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 16-07-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I'm amazed you are even considering paying upfront for a year given what has just happened...
    Yeah you must be one of those people who stop seeing doctors once they caught some bogus doctors. Having said that, I have been with FF for more than 10 years and I agree they are quite dodgy. I once left a 10-year-old soaked underwear in the shower and could not find it the next day. I suspect it must be the cleaner having a fetish

Jsunnin, for $748 ask for all club access, you can negotiate with them. The all clubs function comes in handy if you move office or if there is a class that you like at another location. You can get some freebies, tell them I recommended you and the recommender gets a free t-shirt or something. You can take and keep it. End of the day, nothing is perfect, but FF is something you can live with. Or at least I can

Saw a boutique gym offer $888 for unlimited classes for 2-weeks. Not really a deal.

forgot to add that if you press FF for a single gym (i.e. not all clubs) you maybe able to get it around HK$550+ region. so it really depends on what you want to use the gym for, machine, weights, classes, etc. and whether you are here for long or short term

I have decided to forget gyms and just eat pies.

Cwbguy, merchantms, emx and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I have decided to forget gyms and just eat pies.
    Finally the voice of reason.
    rani and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai:
    Yeah you must be one of those people who stop seeing doctors once they caught some bogus doctors.
    No I'm not but I'd rather pay $750 a month and have the flexibility than pay $690 and pay upfront for a year. Given that consumer protection here is nil.

Whats the going rate for Pure nowadays? Which companies have good deals, I remember some IBs had 30-40% off?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast