Like Tree7Likes

Where to go for a run in Kowloon / New Territories

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Indeed, fits perfectly the requirement "Anyone have good suggestions for running trails in kowloon and new territories?" :-)

OP - Mac Lehose Stage 5 (Starting Marker 101 - Shat Tin Pass) - bit of stairs to start (you can park near Sha Tin pass) but then mostly flat and shaded. you can go all the way to marker 108 (so before Beacon hill) and return - that's about 6km

Can also do the same with Wilson trail stage 5 - start at the same place as the above. mostly shaded. You can do a back and forth as well.

Also Wilson stage 3 from Lam Tin (can park in Lam Tim, then up the road and undulating trail mostly).

Last edited by shri; 03-08-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: deleted my post to avoid confusion ... :)

@Mat - Oooooops! Was wondering why everyone responded to a thread titled "Where to ... in Hong Kong?" with NT and Kowloon suggestions.

Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @Mat - Oooooops! Was wondering why everyone responded to a thread titled "Where to ... in Hong Kong?" with NT and Kowloon suggestions.
    Don't have to. Once around the peak is still one of the worlds most scenic trails! Flat, and partly covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Indeed, fits perfectly the requirement "Anyone have good suggestions for running trails in kowloon and new territories?" :-)

OP - Mac Lehose Stage 5 (Starting Marker 101 - Shat Tin Pass) - bit of stairs to start (you can park near Sha Tin pass) but then mostly flat and shaded. you can go all the way to marker 108 (so before Beacon hill) and return - that's about 6km

Can also do the same with Wilson trail stage 5 - start at the same place as the above. mostly shaded. You can do a back and forth as well.

Also Wilson stage 3 from Lam Tin (can park in Lam Tim, then up the road and undulating trail mostly).
    LMAO. "Bit of stairs"????

The footpath/ cycle way from down near Tuen Mun ferry pier through to Tin Shui Wai/ Yuen Long (mostly runs close the the LRT line). Not sure about parking though.

HK_Katherine likes this.

I recall long, flat, covered bits on McLehose 9+10

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    very much so yup

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    LMAO. "Bit of stairs"????
    it's a 5mn climb -10max then it's a lot of shaded and undulating trails...but ok if you are not used to stairs ...oh well thought was a good warm up..

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    The flat bits are on Mac 10 - already in my answer above. Mac 9 is NOT flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    it's a 5mn climb -10max then it's a lot of shaded and undulating trails...but ok if you are not used to stairs ...oh well thought was a good warm up..
    It does depend on the OP. I agree, most hikers think little of those stairs. But I have seen newbies take 20 - 30 mins at them and arrive at the top looking like they are about to die....
    Mat likes this.