Like Tree164Likes

English Premier League Season 2016/ 2017

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Was thinking awhile and then made a last minute swap! Arsenal moved up to the 3rd spot ( from 5 ) and Chelsea down from 3rd to 5th place.
    Lol. You have more faith than I do in Wenger! Wenger vs Conte? Granted, first season, new league, etc, but Conte's tactical nous (seemingly superior), with Roman's unlimited gold, should edge out le Professeur's modern version of 'Have at'em lads' approach!

Klopp's gegenpress needs a world class medical / fitness team to sustain, not sure that's a given. If I remember correctly, his BVB team nose dived after his medical staff left for ... Red bull Salzburg?

Anyone here on fantasy epl?
    Tom007 and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    ManUre fan much?!

I think most neutrals will be hoping Moaniho fails spectacularly.... chequebook manager.

ManUre...Nice!

I think I have not heard this for 20 years! And a little Moaninho on the side as a bonus ;-)
    TheBrit likes this.

I believe it is Man City that have spent the most so far this season? Does that also make Pep a chequebook manager?

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    I believe it is Man City that have spent the most so far this season? Does that also make Pep a chequebook manager?
    I don't know - how has he been at his other clubs? Moaniho has a long history of buying in expensive talent at the expense of fostering any youth developments at his clubs. With the incredible short termism prevalent (average manger tenure is how many months?) I can see this as a rational approach, but it isn't one I enjoy or support.

I was extremely happy to continue that tradition of SAF and go with Moyes instead of Mourinho.
    Then I was extremely happy to have LVG as a manager and not Mourinho.
    At this point I think he might have been the best option...but maybe not in the long term.

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjace:
    Lol. You have more faith than I do in Wenger! Wenger vs Conte? Granted, first season, new league, etc, but Conte's tactical nous (seemingly superior), with Roman's unlimited gold, should edge out le Professeur's modern version of 'Have at'em lads' approach!

Klopp's gegenpress needs a world class medical / fitness team to sustain, not sure that's a given. If I remember correctly, his BVB team nose dived after his medical staff left for ... Red bull Salzburg?

Anyone here on fantasy epl?
    Rating Conte pretty high but a bit vary about the players. Last season was terrible and not sure if the new coach can turn it around so quick. Hazard will be very important after his more average season in 2016. Not an Arsenal expert but got the feeling that Wenger won’t stay for much longer and maybe his team can finish ( finally ) on a high note. Its about time. Yeah also no excuse for Klopp this time. First full season with all the pre - seasons preparation, transfers and so on. Expecting a good Liverpool season.
    Last edited by Tom007; 13-08-2016 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    WTF? Pogba and Zlatan heading to Old Trafford for the GDP of a small nation and it's Man City and Pep that are trying to buy a Premiership? Are you living in a fantasy land?!

Early kick off and opening match of the new season. Great fun everyone

Hull City v Leicester
    Saturday 13 August
    19:30 ( HKT )
    Live on Channel 620,621 NowTv

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Early kick off and opening match of the new season. Great fun everyone

Hull City v Leicester
    Saturday 13 August
    19:30 ( HKT )
    Live on Channel 620,621 NowTv
    Leicester riding high as Champions, Hull City a disaster zone. So I am going 2:1 for Hull
    Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Leicester riding high as Champions, Hull City a disaster zone. So I am going 2:1 for Hull
    Yeah all eyes on Leicester. 2:2 my prediction. I think it will be an entertaining and good game Looking forward to it.

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast