Like Tree30Likes

Bad PURE staff! Can't put up with their arrogance

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    If life has got in the way of checking your credit card statement for 18 months you might have more serious issues to deal with...

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I do have to ask... how are people so inattentive that they don't spend 5 minutes, once a month, reading over their credit card statement - or a minute or two once a week checking it online? How do you miss a, presumably fairly large, charge from a gym for months, or years, when you'd taken action to cancel it? Particularly given the reputation of gyms in HK, how do you not check the first month that the payment has stopped?
    I can't remember the last time I checked a credit card statement - I think it was actually when CF went bust and I wanted to make sure they were not still charging me! Typically I wouldn't. I did when I was earning much less and funds were tighter - but when there is a healthy gap between incoming and outgoings it's just annoying. Its certainly not "2 minutes" online... first there is the 20 min search for the security device, then the website crashes a few times, and you have to look up your password which they insisted on changing etc etc. I can rarely get away with 30 mins for getting onto HSBC online banking and doing something. So I avoid it like the plague!
    Blue88 and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I Its certainly not "2 minutes" online... first there is the 20 min search for the security device, then the website crashes a few times, and you have to look up your password which they insisted on changing etc etc. I can rarely get away with 30 mins for getting onto HSBC online banking and doing something. So I avoid it like the plague!
    PEBCAK
    shri and Rob2020 like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

One reason to check your credit card statement is to guard against fraud. A friend had to cancel their card after a very small charge was made against it. This is what the bad guys do; they make a small charge to the card to check whether the card is active (and presumably that the owner isn't checking ), and after that charge goes through unnoticed it is followed by a much larger charge. Friend did an internet search on the website name shown on the statement and others on the interwebs had also been charged by the same one. The website is a real website for a real company but the bad guys had hijacked its name and set up an account for payments.

Why you don't check your credit card statement I don't know, but the baddies will love you for it.

Rob2020 and vmlinuz like this.

Lately i received a blast apps from a pure sales staff, the phrase of the blast was, "advised by the management verbally, the monthly fee will be adjusted in effective Oct..." my first reaction was is that a proper way to inform club members for service fee adjustment? The staff explained thru audio recording, she has 3000 members, she cannot call everyone. Funny thing is she can cold call 3000 ppl to make up her sales target.
    My one year contract has only gone half way, why do they adjust my fee? This sales lady could not figure out if i am the type of members who is in their list to proceed fee adjustment. I hope they will not. That kind of laussy customer sevice reminds me what a world class service means, definitely not from pure. If you look at their notice from reception, they always make a famous phrase, in order to maintain a world class service, the membership fee will be...
    If their management really goes for a world class service, pls manage their sales staff properly, and upgrade their CRM.

Diudiu likes this.

If anyone is not happy about the customer service in Pure Fitness, he/she shall not join any other commercial gyms... Any other ones could only be worse.

I got friends who got kicked out from fitness first because of dropping weights on a platform...

Speaking as someone who switched from Pure to Fitness First... You don't realise how lucky you are. I want to go back

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Speaking as someone who switched from Pure to Fitness First... You don't realise how lucky you are. I want to go back
    To be honest, it is not that bad in FF, it is just uneducated staff (and probably managements as well) and lower customer service level. Bear in mind it is cheaper...
    How I wish I can afford those higher end studios like Warriors, Pinnacle and Ursus.
    justjoe86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eminemkh:
    To be honest, it is not that bad in FF, it is just uneducated staff (and probably managements as well) and lower customer service level. Bear in mind it is cheaper...
    How I wish I can afford those higher end studios like Warriors, Pinnacle and Ursus.
    Depends what you want to do. They have a lifting platform with bumper plates but ask you not to deadlift. It seems they see anything beyond using the machines and treadmills as an inconvenience. Definitely better than California were though