Like Tree1Likes

Gyms with day passes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gyms with day passes

I had a Planet Fitness membership, and they were affiliated with California Fitness. Anywhere I went in Asia I could show my membership tag and get into CF with a half-price day pass.

Now that CF is gone, who sells day passes? I am not in HK all the time, so buying a membership is out of the question. I have gone to local sports clubs in Causeway Bay and they are just pathetic.

Also if you know of day passes, please post how much they cost, and where the club is located. Extra bonus points for a quick review of the facilities.

Thanks so much.
    Artdis

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Artdis:
    I had a Planet Fitness membership, and they were affiliated with California Fitness. Anywhere I went in Asia I could show my membership tag and get into CF with a half-price day pass.

Now that CF is gone, who sells day passes? I am not in HK all the time, so buying a membership is out of the question. I have gone to local sports clubs in Causeway Bay and they are just pathetic.

Also if you know of day passes, please post how much they cost, and where the club is located. Extra bonus points for a quick review of the facilities.

Thanks so much.
    Artdis
    I have gone to local sports clubs in Causeway Bay and they are just pathetic.

The government-run clubs serve many, many people in Hong Kong, people who want to take care of their health and perhaps can't afford a fancy expensive gym. Don't put those people down. And don't be such a snob.

You know Claire, I have gone to the local sports clubs. I am not a snob. I do full, serious workouts, pumping iron, machines, for 2 hours at a time. When I don't exercise lots of different muscle groups, I am in pain from a buildup of lactic acid in my muscles. The local sports clubs don't have the equipment I need. Lots of different, specific muscle groups just don't get worked out. Its that simple, so please don't assume anything. What I have just found on my own is Kfit, https://kfit.com/ where you can buy a week or a month pass and take classes all around Hong Kong. Planet Fitness where I live is only $10.00 USD a month. In HK the same type of gym is over a thousand dollars a year, usually $2000. Class and attitude has nothing to do with it. Facilities has a lot to do with it. And California Fitness was not that great, (except for the facilities at Mega Box, which were superb) but they had a lot of different machines and all sorts of different cardio and weights. The gym in Causeway Bay, the local gym just didn't cut it. Not for someone who is very serious about working out.

Original Post Deleted
    I think the cost of rent here is vastly higher than in similar places overseas. Its not reasonable to compare gyms overseas with gym costs here - they have completely different cost structures.

What kind of machines do you need from a gym, Artdis?

Physical would be the closest thing to California Fitness, but I am not sure if they sell day passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Artdis:
    I prefer Guava Pass http://guavapass.com/refer?t=87FTo4_XvitPFma to KFit. They're adding new gyms all the time and love the variety. KFit seems to be focusing on expanding the beauty stuff.

Perhaps something like this might work?

24 Hour Fitness Gym Franchise in Hong Kong | Anytime Fitness HK

Unlike most gyms, your Anytime Fitness membership allows you to visit thousands of clubs worldwide, at no extra cost.

Physical is offering free 6 month memberships to anyone with a HKID and a membership card from any HK gym (even expired).
    I know people with Calif membership cards from the late 90's who signed up for this offer.
    They also have free 1 month passes in their changing rooms so if 6 months is too long you can have someone pick up a 1 month.

I did not know about GuavaPass. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Artdis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast