Like Tree3Likes

new to hk and missing my fishing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new to hk and missing my fishing!

hiya guys.
    ive just moved from the uk to discovery bay and need a little help with fishing ideas.
    any ideas of where to go? im guessing chopped fish for bait from the harbours etc so its more about location.
    cheers everybody
    adie

Fishing is pretty common here. There are locals fishing on most piers. Near DB - the bridge between Tung Chung and the airport usually has a bunch of people under it (no idea how they get there!).

For fishing from boats, try the marina. They certainly do them from our marina (Gold Coast) but I expect someone runs something from the DB marina too. I would wander down to the marina and ask around.

People get out to those bridge footings by sampan (water taxi) usually. You will find little fishing shops in most places that are by the sea (It wouldn't surprise me if DB were the exception to the rule mind.) and they'll be selling everything from gear to worms/maggots.

https://www.google.com.hk/webhp?sour...+bay+hong+kong

Quote Originally Posted by adiecuk:
    any ideas of where to go?
    Nim Shue Wan Pier near the DB Marina or just off the dock along Marina Avenue before you reach the marina itself.

many thanks guys, ill check them out

Get yourself a fishing license for the reservoirs as well, cheap as chips, only $30 for 3 years.

For Sea fishing, you can just buy some dead shrimps from the wet market In Tung Chung and fish away either on the rocks or by the piers. try joining some fishing groups on FB where a bunch of them meet up especially for fishing in the reservoirs, camping, cooking, drinking beers LOL

WSD - Application for Fishing Licence

BCD likes this.

yeah, but who ever sees anyone catching anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    yeah, but who ever sees anyone catching anything?
    The guys who fish (illegally) in the Gold Coast Marina catch huge fish. And then gut them all over the deck which is really annoying (blood and guts everywhere). But then, I know why those fish are so large and knowing that, wouldn't eat them!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I know why those fish are so large and knowing that, wouldn't eat them!
    Ha ha them fish get all the good stuff LOL

My brother when younger used to catch large fish in TST East and when gutting them, it was all BLACK inside and stinked like HELL, put me off eating fish ewwww

Better check too for plastic inside the fish. There's still plastic pellets all over Hong Kong beaches and you can find straws bitten by fish on any beach.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast