Like Tree59Likes

Wan Chai Sports Ground - Bye Bye!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Carrie Lam:

“In the future, if we can find a good place to relocate the sports ground, I hope the sports community would accept it.”

That means that they're going to consult stakeholders in the future. No different than what they're doing now. No different than any other town planners in the world. End of story.

Back in 2007:

Chief Executive Donald Tsang has hailed the National People's Congress Standing Committee's decision on Hong Kong's political reform, which has made clear the Chief Executive election in 2017 and lawmakers' election in 2020 may be by universal suffrage.
    The Standing Committee announced today the election of Hong Kong's Chief Executive in 2017 may be by universal suffrage. After that the election of all Legislative Council members can also be by universal suffrage in 2020

I am sure it was all in the MAY....like with Carrie it will all be in the IF...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Back in 2007:

Chief Executive Donald Tsang has hailed the National People's Congress Standing Committee's decision on Hong Kong's political reform, which has made clear the Chief Executive election in 2017 and lawmakers' election in 2020 may be by universal suffrage.
    The Standing Committee announced today the election of Hong Kong's Chief Executive in 2017 may be by universal suffrage. After that the election of all Legislative Council members can also be by universal suffrage in 2020

I am sure it was all in the MAY....like with Carrie it will all be in the IF...
    So, what is it that you want? For Hong Kong to put that sports ground under permanent heritage status? Or for Carrie Lam to spell out each and every single development planned for every single government plot for the next 20 years and put it into contract so that they don't deviate from that plan? Tell me.

So, what is it that you want? For Hong Kong to put that sports ground under permanent heritage status? Or for Carrie Lam to spell out each and every single development planned for every single government plot for the next 20 years and put it into contract so that they don't deviate from that plan? Tell me.
    It's ok CS - let's blindly sit back and believe whatever the gvt wants us to believe and tell us. Life is a lot easier that way indeed.

Wow you really touchy when it comes to gvt huh.
    jgl and East_coast like this.

Does anyone know where they are planning on moving the revenue and immigration offices to?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Does anyone know where they are planning on moving the revenue and immigration offices to?
    https://geoexpat.com/forum/342/thread345517.html

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    China.

China.
    Philippines cheaper la
    Mat likes this.

It's ok CS - let's blindly sit back and believe whatever the gvt wants us to believe and tell us. Life is a lot easier that way indeed.

Wow you really touchy when it comes to gvt huh.
    I don't blindly follow government. I prefer to see solutions that work within a given framework. The government is clearly winning in that regard right now. One cannot just simply wish away the CPC or force democratic principles on them. It's not going to happen. For example, Xi Jinping committed himself to eliminating extreme poverty in China by 2021. It's this component of the one country policy that anti-poverty groups should tap into. They should make it clear that Hong Kong politicians are failing under the one country principle. Instead the focus of our anti-government measures is talking to foreign politicians who really don't give a shit of what happens in Hong Kong and neither does it put pressure on Hong Kong. Carrie Lam is not accountable to those people under the current framework.

I don't blindly follow government. I prefer to see solutions that work within a given framework. The government is clearly winning in that regard right now. One cannot just simply wish away the CPC or force democratic principles on them. It's not going to happen. For example, Xi Jinping committed himself to eliminating extreme poverty in China by 2021. It's this component of the one country policy that anti-poverty groups should tap into. They should make it clear that Hong Kong politicians are failing under the one country principle. Instead the focus of our anti-government measures is talking to foreign politicians who really don't give a shit of what happens in Hong Kong and neither does it put pressure on Hong Kong. Carrie Lam is not accountable to those people under the current framework.
    You do move the goal posts quite well (like our northern neighbors...will give you that).

You do move the goal posts quite well (like our northern neighbors...will give you that).
    We talked about Wanchai Sports ground, you talked about Universal suffrage. I asked you for solutions based on the topic of the thread, you responded with personal accusations. Mkay buddy.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast