Like Tree59Likes

Wan Chai Sports Ground - Bye Bye!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Every so often when passing these grounds I always saw it with School kids holding sports day events. WTF are they going to do now travel to visit imparonic in Sha Tau Kok LOL
    They are going to go to Aberdeen Sports Ground, TKO sports ground, Shatin sports ground, Siu Sai Wan sports ground or one of a dozen more dotted around the territory.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the old place too, I work minutes from it - saw my 3 kids running and growing up there but at the same time, be a bit more realistic. Just like the Cricket Club moving away from Central, this sports ground could move out of highly desirable and very expensive water front land.. I'm sure there are/will be replacements, somewhere else to take its place.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    They are going to go to Aberdeen Sports Ground, TKO sports ground, Shatin sports ground, Siu Sai Wan sports ground or one of a dozen more dotted around the territory.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the old place too, I work minutes from it - saw my 3 kids running and growing up there but at the same time, be a bit more realistic. Just like the Cricket Club moving away from Central, this sports ground could move out of highly desirable and very expensive water front land.. I'm sure there are/will be replacements, somewhere else to take its place.
    Yeah I know there are other grounds to go to, I live near and go to TKO sports ground with my kid a lot, I assume Wan Chai sports ground is center for lot of the local schools in and around Wan Chai district and now they have to travel even farther. I know its a loosing battle.

I say we get rid of Victoria harbour since its so small, just reclaim it all and join Kowloon to HK, so much land to gain, less traffic jams

I say we get rid of Victoria harbour since its so small, just reclaim it all and join Kowloon to HK, so much land to gain, less traffic jams
    But this would leave no where for CY and his buddies to swim.
    shri likes this.

Yeah I know there are other grounds to go to, I live near and go to TKO sports ground with my kid a lot, I assume Wan Chai sports ground is center for lot of the local schools in and around Wan Chai district and now they have to travel even farther. I know its a loosing battle.
    Our bunch were in North Point and Causeway Bay. I will miss it, tons of memories and pictures while they were growing up....
    chuckster007 and irisboards like this.

Why don't they just build a new Wan Chai sports ground on the roof of whatever building they are going to build there? They could even make is an upside down triangle shaped building like Tokyo big sight so they dont even lose any square footage.

http://www.japanvisitor.com/images/c...ig-sight-3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Skierx:
    But this would leave no where for CY and his buddies to swim.
    the feckers can come over to my neck of the woods (Clear Water bay), let them drown in plastic garbage floating around. LOL
    Skierx likes this.

New Sports Ground coming to Tuen Mun, woohoo. Come move out here, save money, work less, and actually have time to enjoy going to the Sports Ground. Better than crying about some sports ground you probably haven't even set foot on in 10 years.

The administration has just committed themselves to $20 billion for sports and recreation and here we have people crying like it's the end of sports in Hong Kong.

Here we go again.

- Do you know where the govt is spending the $20B?
    - Will it be anywhere near or in a district which depends on the ground?

As Carrie's newly appointed social-media-spin-doctor, you should really know a lot of this is about releasing good news in the sentence before you break bad news.

Would it not have been nice if they'd announced something like, the premises used for the CE-elect's temporary office will be converted into an indoor basketball court for the duration of the lease, after the new CE moves to their permanent office. Residents of Wanchai will be given free access to the Champion Tower 24/7 to play basket ball and will be served free snacks from the left over budget.

irisboards likes this.

You're seriously cross-contaminating threads today. You talk about infrastructure on the CE-elect office thread, and now you talk about CE-elect offices on the sports ground thread. What's this all about?

Anyway, Leung said this...

Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying proposed Wednesday that the Wan Chai Sports Ground will be redeveloped into a new convention and exhibition centre, as well as “trendy and novel” recreation and sports facilities.
    He said a feasibility study will be conducted by the Trade Development Council, and that the government will consult the Wan Chai District Council and other stakeholders.
    About the $20 billion, here's the list.

https://twitter.com/HongKongFP/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Hong Kong - Asia's Whirled City.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast