Like Tree59Likes

Wan Chai Sports Ground - Bye Bye!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Is he any different than the other side of the coin that speculate on the doom and gloom?
    He just happens to speculate good things will happen.

The reality is that we don't know what will happen aside from the announcements being made.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    I don't think they give a shit, their kids don't go to those schools.
    Plenty of International School using this ground, CIS, VSA etc so no really

But yeah, they don't give a shit anyway.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, I believe the things I type. Kai Tak Sports park and Shatin - Central MTR link will go ahead. People will have access to a great facility.

Ideal location for another theme park for tourists. Or better yet, a shopping centre. We need more shopping centres.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Ideal location for another theme park for tourists. Or better yet, a shopping centre. We need more shopping centres.
    What do you need? Maybe I can help you out here.

Oh that Kai Tak sports park website looks cool, in between two MTR stations, I hope the new stadium will be allowed to hold concerts as its semi covered so shouldnt have too many noise complaints from nearby residential houses

Original Post Deleted
    Oh, is that the problem? People actually having to leave the island. Oh my. A 7 station commute in A/C by MTR. Terrible.

Save the children.

I am a frequent user of the Wan Chai sport ground (unlike TB or Civil Servant I suspect) so it does not mean to say that my opinion matters more but I would think that:
    - There are excellent facilities on the Island for sports (Aberdeen Sports ground is great for example, the Happy Valley race couse too, so it the Western Sports ground venue etc etc )..so for many schools who used to use the sport ground for sports day...I would believe they will use all the others still available on the Island (or elsewhere).
    - It was great to have the track/sport center in Wan Chai as it was very central but realistically it's like having a track next to the Champs Elysee...It would be great but ...
    - Plenty of people are so far using the empty/public space near the new Legco for sport (come by any time of the day and you will see Yoga session, Boot Camp session, Running sessions etc etc

So yes it sucks they are closing it down but it was more in my view and "anomaly" that it was still there.

That said...replacing it with something useless isn't the way forward too as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    - There are excellent facilities on the Island for sports (Aberdeen Sports ground is great for example, the Happy Valley race couse too, so it the Western Sports ground venue etc etc )..so for many schools who used to use the sport ground for sports day...I would believe they will use all the others still available on the Island (or elsewhere).
    I wonder if the govt would find it feasible and reasonable to open the stadium which sits idle vast majority of the time. Certainly it can be used for school sports days and similar.
    Mat likes this.

That said...replacing it with something useless isn't the way forward too as well..
    That is the point. If you're going to do something better .. ffs consult the stake holders (district council) and ask them what is needed.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast