Like Tree59Likes

Wan Chai Sports Ground - Bye Bye!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

We've got fantastic sporting facilities in Tuen Mun... I can say the same for Tsing Yi, Yuen Long and especially Tin Shui Wai.

I think the pattern is that the govt. is spending money off the island...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    No one is a troll --- the two of you just cannot ever accept to be wrong so you just going around and around...
    The difference is, I've seen CS apologize and accept when he's been corrected in an argument, which is quite a feat in of itself on the internet in general. The other poster? Not so much.

Back on topic, I don't see how the Aberdeen sports ground is supposed to replace the WC ground, you have to cross a damn tunnel to reach it. It doesn't matter how good the facilities at Aberdeen because the physical space is what's important. Having one less sportsground means the soccer group that normally books the pitches at 7 will have to compete with another group who uses that same timeslot at Aberdeen.

Replacing the WC grounds with a convention center is pretty freakin stupid when theres a massive convention center next to the grounds anyway.

Then again the amount of money they get from renting off the convention space is downright silly so I see why they're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    We've got fantastic sporting facilities in Tuen Mun... I can say the same for Tsing Yi, Yuen Long and especially Tin Shui Wai.

I think the pattern is that the govt. is selling land on the Island and spending money off the island...
    Fixed it for you/

Great in principle until you get too greedy (lazy) and start selling much needed recreational space rather than old tram depots

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    The difference is, I've seen CS apologize and accept when he's been corrected in an argument, which is quite a feat in of itself on the internet in general. The other poster? Not so much.
    That I would bot disagree with you. TB can post great advise and stuff but he is one of the very worst when having to admit he is not right. I don't think in 8 years here I have ever ever once see him accept he was wrong...as if one can be right at every subject all the time for 8 years!
    rickyross and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I don't think in 8 years here I have ever ever once see him accept he was wrong...as if one can be right at every subject all the time for 8 years!
    He has, once! In an argument with me about chickens

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Fixed it for you/

Great in principle until you get too greedy (lazy) and start selling much needed recreational space rather than old tram depots
    So what methodology did you use to decide that the Tram depot is the optimal location for this new Expo space?

Too many tangents here - probably my fault for going into a flippant mode and polluting the thread.

Shutting down for now, until there is some more news about the sports ground.

Mat likes this.

Mixed set of opinions from people involved in the trade show business.

Hong Kong’s expo sector split on tearing down sports ground to create more space | South China Morning Post

Plan dropped .... or hinting at plans to drop the plan...

https://twitter.com/cycheung1127/sta...56121612210176

Carrie Lam scrapped the plan today.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast