Like Tree59Likes

Wan Chai Sports Ground - Bye Bye!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Carrie Lam scrapped the plan today.
    Good or bad thing to do?
    TheBrit and shri like this.

Must be a bit gutting that civil servant invested so much time and energy defending these stupid plans, which have now been scrapped

So, he looks stupid and the rest of HK get to continue using the Wan Chai Sports ground - win win win - nice job Carrie Lam

But but but .... Wanchai govt offices to be gutted.

TheBrit likes this.

I was criticizing the overreaction to such news on this thread like it's the end of Sports in Hong Kong. For that I was called...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Carrie's newly appointed social-media-spin-doctor...
    I also quoted this on numerous occasions.

He said a feasibility study will be conducted by the Trade Development Council, and that the government will consult the Wan Chai District Council and other stakeholders.
    Since it is now scrapped, the overreaction was clearly not justified. Maybe one should realize that the government does take opinions into account at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    nice job Carrie Lam
    I told you, didn't I? She'll make a nice CE.

Sorry, all the spinning is making me dizzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

civil_servant likes this.

Yes, and we all know what happens when the govt tries trendy and novel shit - food trucks! Perhaps one of the community facilities will involve creating a food truck parking space.
    John Tsang's pet project. No need to pull all of government into this. Ironically, he was the guy favored by "the people". I'm happy to see him gone. Food trucks, not on my list of priorities anyway.

Yes, its time for me to shut up and go into optimistic delusional mode and celebrate CNY.
    Being optimistic did not turn out to be delusional.

Sorry, all the spinning is making me dizzy.
    Don't shy away from optimism. I know it can be hard sometimes. We're still getting the $20B of sport facilities while getting to keep the Wanchai Sports Ground.
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    And like the sign that says "do not press this button" your post made me press the button. I knew I would regret it but.....

more expo space was a very stupid idea, demanded by HKTDC, a defunct and completely pointless organisation now since manufacturing headed north years ago, but they have to invent work to justify their existence, increasingly poking their nose into other sectors because there is little "trade" to justify those positions (government positions), salaries, offices, etc. and their website is carp

East_coast likes this.

I was criticizing the overreaction to such news on this thread like it's the end of Sports in Hong Kong. For that I was called...
    Disingenuous at best.

Since it is now scrapped, the overreaction was clearly not justified. Maybe one should realize that the government does take opinions into account at the end of the day.
    Your Logic is Baffling

What looks like happened

- Executive Branch propose a blatant land grab of a public resource
    - Public cries foul and points out the stupidity of putting vested interests above the the public good. Showing this would be difficult to implement
    - All goes quiet
    - Next CE announced the plans will be 'shelved' due to it being politically challenging

What it appears you believe happened

- Executive Branch propose a blatant land grab of a public resource
    - Public cries foul but they should not as losing accessible recreational facilities is not a big issue
    - All goes quiet
    - Next CE announced the plans will be 'shelved' so the public were stupid and the Government infallible
    Last edited by East_coast; 11-10-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    JAherbert and jgl like this.

When did chickens become part of this story?

cendrillon and East_coast like this.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast