Like Tree5Likes

How is Physical gym?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anybody experience with the gym in kennedy town?

About a year ago I went to visit the branch in TST. I thought the equipment was OK-ish. However, even at 10pm the gym was rather crowded. I don't want to think what it would like around 6-7pm, the time I would go there. So I decided to exercise the park instead. Free, no crowds, fresher air.

DimSumBond likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    About a year ago I went to visit the branch in TST. I thought the equipment was OK-ish. However, even at 10pm the gym was rather crowded. I don't want to think what it would like around 6-7pm, the time I would go there. So I decided to exercise the park instead. Free, no crowds, fresher air.
    are you sure fresher air? lol!

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    are you sure fresher air? lol!
    Well, there isn't a crowd of dozens of sweaty guys pumping iron in the park, so fewer smelly armpits

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    Good thinking there.

Hong Kong has so many parks with settings/ props to really dial-up your workout.

Apart from workout attire, I only have an exercise mat and resistance band. The playgrounds and parks provide everything I ever need - pull-ups, chin-ups, dips, inverted rows, jump squats, walking lunges, step-ups, leg raises, hill runs, ...

Reasonably low price. Facilities are quite complete.
    One disadvantage is that it's too crowded.

I joined for economical reasons.

I'm not a HK resident so if i wanted to join I would have to buy a one year contract, cash upfront which wasn't great but for a foreigner I felt I had no choice.
    2600hkd which I thought was good value compared with fitness first at around 600hkd per month.

First session at kwun tong I was there around 930pm was busy but not overly crowded, it's not fancy and it's basic for pushing weights changing room looked acceptable didnt use the showers.

They say they have plenty of branches so if i have to move around that might be suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Londonnep:
    I'm not a HK resident so if i wanted to join I would have to buy a one year contract, cash upfront which wasn't great but for a foreigner I felt I had no choice.
    2600hkd which I thought was good value compared with fitness first at around 600hkd per month.

First session at kwun tong I was there around 930pm was busy but not overly crowded, it's not fancy and it's basic for pushing weights changing room looked acceptable didnt use the showers.

They say they have plenty of branches so if i have to move around that might be suitable.
    It's standard to pay up front, or some people will use their credit card for instalments, but the bank still holds the charge against your available credit until it's settled.

HK$2600 is cheap...you can also ask for the 2 or 3 year. Anyway if you go, it's good value.

Lai chi kok - gross/unclean locker area, not enough equipment, no enforcement of rules, other users rude/anti-social/creepy

I got an offer from them yesterday - $5040 / 36 months paid upfront. Not sure if this is good or not. I haven't been in a Physical gym in 4 years. Once I saw the janitor "cleaning" the toilet seat with a dirty mop. When I walked over I could see bits of wetness with dirt and strands of hair on the seat. That was enough to not renew.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast