Like Tree5Likes

How is Physical gym?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How is Physical gym?

Reasonable prices, plenty of locations, but why is there negativity around this gym chain? I'm thinking about joining, anything I should know beforehand?

Crowded.

Equipment is old and knackered, and it's dirty. At least that's my thoughts of the one in Taikoo

Ive been a member at the Tuen Mun location since California Fitness closed and I find it better than CF was. The gym can get crowded in the evenings and they dont seem to have enough plates for all the machines especially 5 and 10lbs, but its a much larger gym with more equipment and machines than CF had.

Overall I am fairly happy with Physical you can't beat it on price and the people are not pushy at all. None of the staff have ever pushed me to purchase PT or other add on classes and only once right after I joined I got a phone call about some class which I said I wasn't interested in.

Pretty decent bang for your buck.

I've been to the Lok Fu location, which was honestly a little cramped and crowded for my tastes but I managed for a while.

The Central and Causeway Bay locations are big and definitely spacious enough. Might have to wait your turn on the bench (they've got 2) and squat rack (just 1), but there's nothing much to complain about.

Clean environment overall, professional corporate throughout.

Membership is definitely cheaper than Pure!

As with many gym memberships, the salespeople will not be transparent and up front about prices and will try to squeeze every dime they can outta ya with lots of different pricing plans and options. If they're trying to get more than ~800 HKD a month out of you you might be getting anaconda gripped a little too hard.

PS. Do a trial period with Physical. They do week-long trials and sometimes offer month-long trials. You can do a one-time trial at Pure. No doubt, Pure has extremely good amenities (free towels, clean gym attire), but you're financing all of that. Go with Physical if you're budget-minded and are just looking for a solid place to workout.

The one in TST is not that good . I am not sure about the others. You need to rent or carry your own towels, shower areas are filthy, locker area crammed and crowded, equipment is limited, old and not that well maintained. Staff are mostly all ex california so they are scammy as hell. Its cheap but there are better options out there .

New one opened up in Hanghau, everyone is raving about it lol

opened up my mailbox and saw physical gym junk mail HK$135 monthly fee special promo, not sure if its only for the TKO Gateway new gym.

Well you get what you pay for!

I was a long term member and i have to say it got worse and worse. Keep in mind it's not that cheap anymore with new contracts. After crowding out California fitness with low prices it now goes up every year 20-30%! + they also deleted the free of charge "all studio" option on last month
    JaredHK and gigglinggal like this.

Physical recently gave me a deal of $1100 HKD for a one-month membership and I'm thinking of applying. Is it worth it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast