FIFA World Cup Tickets in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Exclamation FIFA World Cup Tickets in Hong Kong

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask around for some general opinion.

I got introduced by a mate of mine to this person in Hong Kong who works for this UK company called Byrom Hospitality, or Winterhill Hospitality. (misplaced his name card after that night, so i can't exactly recall which was the right name.)

Brilliant guy actually, right off the bat he was downright polite, well-spoken, charming and funny. We started talking about work in Hong Kong and he tells me that his company is FIFA's official ticketing and hospitality provider. I was already thinking about maybe bringing the family up to Moscow for the week to watch a few games, or maybe even suggest it at work as a "company trip" or something along the lines of that.

He told us how by purchasing from them, we will be getting guaranteed tickets instead of having to wait on the official ballot, a range of bespoke hospitality service from basic tickets to corporate boxes, accommodation arranged and booked before hotel prices spike due the massive demand...

Long story short, this guy had me sold within the first 10 minutes of speaking to him, but the guy was only 23, so I was slightly skeptical as to whether this boy was just talking big, or if he can actually deliver.

I still remember trying to organize a trip to the last World Cup and that was an utter nightmare trying to arrange and organize everything myself. So if this guy is legitimate, that would be a proper god-send.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar encounter with this person or anyone else from his company. Checked my phone for any new saved contact and all I have is his name and number (Lewis Lupton, 91430188)

Would love some feedback!

~Greg

Quote Originally Posted by +852greg:
    he tells me that his company is FIFA's official ticketing and hospitality provider.
    ...then you should find his company name on the FIFA website. First thing I would do is look there.

But sure, if you have access to advance FIFA tickets you would certainly want to offer them to random people you meet on a bus.

Their name actually shows up on the website, so I'm not worried about the authenticity. More concerned as to how good this whole hospitality package sounds, almost seems like a bit too good to be true. However, a premium price does usually ensure a much higher-quality.

Have you ever tried any sports hospitality packages? (Rugby Sevens, World Cup, NBA...)

I've never thought about it, but it seems like it would a good idea especially if I'm bringing the wife and kids with me.

Some research determines that Winterhill Hospitality is actually Match Hospitality who are an official FIFA re-sale agent for World Cup packages. They are not without some controversy though.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...p-2014-tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Some research determines that Winterhill Hospitality is actually Match Hospitality who are an official FIFA re-sale agent for World Cup packages. They are not without some controversy though.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...p-2014-tickets
    I've read about those, seems that there are a few issues regarding dodgy characters "booting" out tickets. But they seem to be a problem when it's been sold to corporates in an unregulated manner, and only for a few companies.

Don't think that would affect individual customers purchasing, though? Also, have you had any personal experience with sports hospitality? Would like to know what to expect from these packages

No I tend to book my own trips when following England football or cricket as it's a lot cheaper. I used to be a member of englandfans and the barmy army which pretty much guaranteed me match tickets but since I moved to HK I don't travel as much anymore for sport. I wouldn't go to Russia for the World Cup anyway, I can foresee a lot of trouble there amongst the English and locals after what happened in France 2016.