Like Tree9Likes

Gym help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gym help

Hello guys I am alil chubby and like to built muscles and get big but I am confused. I work night construction. I found 24/7 gym and have to wake up at 6pm for work and off around 4/5am

Should I go gym before work or after work ? As people say your muscle need rest too as in
    Gym work sleep gym work
    Work gym sleep work gym

I am confused as someone say if you work out and work even lift heavy or work that kinda of thinks after gym your muscle won't get big, you will break the muscle cells or smtg pls help

After work is better, and the gym will be quieter. Research shows you grow more if you work out at night (in your case, before bed is when everyone else is working up).

Also, if you're chubby, you're better off intermittent fasting and doing regular cardio until you get your bodyfat level down to 15% or so. It will make the muscle gains come on much more efficiently.

shri and gigglinggal like this.

Thank you so much for helping out so it means I should go workout after my work and den back home eat and sleep give my body some rest to recover

Last edited by Bob89; 07-04-2017 at 11:59 PM.

And shd I be joining gym first or lose some weight by jogging ? I am not very just fat just alil chubby. Or just join gym and do cardio and lift weight ?

I'd recommend you subscribe to the Men's Health and Runner's World Twitter and/or FB feeds. They constantly have links articles addressing the questions you ask and more.

Don't neglect diet in your quest to get fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    After work is better, and the gym will be quieter. Research shows you grow more if you work out at night (in your case, before bed is when everyone else is working up).

Also, if you're chubby, you're better off intermittent fasting and doing regular cardio until you get your bodyfat level down to 15% or so. It will make the muscle gains come on much more efficiently.
    I wouldn't do just straight cardio. I'd add HIIT 2x a week. The mix of the two will get you where you want to be faster.
    jayinhongkong and gigglinggal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I wouldn't do just straight cardio. I'd add HIIT 2x a week. The mix of the two will get you where you want to be faster.
    Agreed, that will move things along much faster

I see thanks

Are you looking to improve your health, loose weight or build bulk?

If you are not sure what you like then try one of the gym aggregators

See the thread
    https://geoexpat.com/forum/33/thread328017.html

If you lack motivation then perhaps Bootcamp, MuayThai, Spin classes etc may be better to improve you cardio and core strengths.

I was fit actually but in these month I have been lazy and eating junk food like hell and gain alil weight so I just decide to do cardio for few months get on track than later join gym

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast