Like Tree20Likes

What does the Hong Kong Sevens have to do with Hongkong

Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,586

    Fuck the boring people, bring on the 7!

    BOOSE!

    {lol rickyross chill dude, next year we will get you tickets - sitting next to some under age girl talking sex]


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    39,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

    {lol rickyross chill dude, next year we will get you tickets - sitting next to some under age girl talking sex]
    If thats a promise ("we'll get you tickets") I'd want one too.

    (We did get plenty of offers from friends and strangers, at face value, but free beats face value!)

    Overall - rich gwailo drunk fest... not saying it is a bad thing.

    @PokfooLamin - close to the asian games a few years ago I do recall one of the 7s players telling me that the whole squad had Chinese passports.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tsim Sha Tsui
    Posts
    3,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Alguien:
    No, it's "9" as in "On 9"
    No, it's "7" as well, simply 'he's so 7'.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If thats a promise ("we'll get you tickets") I'd want one too.

    (We did get plenty of offers from friends and strangers, at face value, but free beats face value!)

    Overall - rich gwailo drunk fest... not saying it is a bad thing.

    @PokfooLamin - close to the asian games a few years ago I do recall one of the 7s players telling me that the whole squad had Chinese passports.

    Yes, the players must have HK passports to participate in the Asian games....a rugby tournament with few spectators. That team- the Asian games team we cobble together- is a very different team from the one we use to compete in the rugby World Series Qualifiers.

    Different competitions, different passport and residency requirements. Bureaucracy, bureaucracy....

    On a separate but related note, did you know that HK used to have a very competitive hockey (field hockey) team? But the sport brought in citizenship requirements to compete in international competitions...this was done by the governing body of the sport itself...and now the HK women's hockey team is sooooo awful that the HKFC A-teams can beat them. True story.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    The 'average' HKer seems perfectly capable of buying annual passes to Disney and iPhones.

    I think pricing is okay for an annual event with the profile the 7s has...

    There is a way to get cheaper tickets and *ahem* increase your odds in the lottery...go coach Minis...and that's how it should be.

    One of the fastest growing sports in the territory...people from every class, multi-ethnic, mixed girls and boys teams.

    Get fit, learn team work...push boundaries, lead...

    The 7s serves as an inspiration to thousands of Hong Kong kids.

    I'll don my flame proof jacket before saying this...the only thing I'd get rid of is the drunkenness...several local people I've spoken to cited drunken behaviour as their main reason for not going.
    Fair enough.

    For the record, I think the 7s should be held in HK, it's just that the whole thing is just embarrassing. I enjoy the games, the Queen tribute bands and other distractions in between, but the debauchery could be turned down a few notches. No idea how the organizers managed to lump rugby and partying together, but I doubt the locals can take the sport seriously as a result.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,586
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Fair enough.

    For the record, I think the 7s should be held in HK, it's just that the whole thing is just embarrassing. I enjoy the games, the Queen tribute bands and other distractions in between, but the debauchery could be turned down a few notches. No idea how the organizers managed to lump rugby and partying together, but I doubt the locals can take the sport seriously as a result.
    OK next year we get you to south stand
    shri likes this.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,586
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If thats a promise ("we'll get you tickets") I'd want one too.

    (We did get plenty of offers from friends and strangers, at face value, but free beats face value!)

    Overall - rich gwailo drunk fest... not saying it is a bad thing.
    Nice try ;-)
    shri likes this.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    39,713

    Us poor brown people have to keep trying. Immigrant mentality.

    Mat likes this.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    No idea how the organizers managed to lump rugby and partying together, but I doubt the locals can take the sport seriously as a result.
    Anyone who has studied in the UK can report that the rugby team is the biggest partying/drinking social group at most universities.
    DirtyHairy and hullexile like this.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    39,713
    Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Anyone who has studied in the UK can report that the rugby team is the biggest partying/drinking social group at most universities.
    (follow the money...who spends / who rakes it in)

    Ok, I am done with this thread. Jo more windups.

Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast