Mini / Junior Rugby????

Closed Thread

Mini / Junior Rugby????

Hi

Back in the UK my eldest (4yo) son has been playing mini rugby (Rugbytots) for the last two years and really enjoys it. I'm looking for something similar for when he moves over here next month, or even proper 'full on' rugby. I'm also looking to start my younger son when he is old enough (in the UK they can start Rugbytots at 2).

I've found a program called Rugbees which seems pretty similar to what he does at the moment, but their website is not working so I can't get any information as to whether it is even still operational.

I've also found the HKRU official mini rugby website which suggests that they can start from 4 (which is ideal!).

I'd be grateful if anyone can offer any advice on these two options, and indeed provide any recommendations of clubs to join (we will be living in Tai Hang / Jardines Lookout area, so I assume either Causeway Bay or Happy Valley are likely to be our nearest clubs)?

Thanks

Mini Rugby is big in Hong Kong. Its run by parent volunteers every Sunday all across Hong Kong. The season will start in August, and pretty much goes through till April/May. Let us know where you plan on living and we can direct you to the club closest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    I'd be grateful if anyone can offer any advice on these two options, and indeed provide any recommendations of clubs to join (we will be living in Tai Hang / Jardines Lookout area, so I assume either Causeway Bay or Happy Valley are likely to be our nearest clubs)?

Hong Kong Football club would be the most logical for you. You dont need to be a member to join the rugby.
    Call/contact them and find out the deadlines as its very popular. I think you need to apply around July.

HKFC Youth Rugby | Home

Oops, sorry missed the last part. Yes Football club is the closest.