Golf lessons

Closed Thread

Golf lessons

Hello all,

wonder if someone could advise/recommend a good golf instructor or class?

Im a experienced beginner, played a bit but had no real lessons. I feel as if the basic knowledge I'm missing is preventing me from improving my game. (Grip, swing, weight transfer etc..)

appreciate your comments in advance

golf tuition offered at Kau Sai Chau, the public golf facility on the island off Sai Kung. Check out the web site.

I've taken golf classes offered by LCSD in Tuen Mun. I believe they have another location as well but the Tuen Mun location has free parking and is a decent sized driving range. LCSD Golf classes are typically 3 lessons of 2 hours each for HK$160. The instructor may or may not speak English, but even though my instructor did not speak much English he made attempts to observe and correct me on my swing and I learned a lot. The instructor is definitely a Golf pro. I will be taking further courses.

Community Recreation and Sports Programmes

Lessons are available from any course or driving range. There are a number of teaching professionals offering lessons privately as well who also use the range facilities.

Signed up to KSC in the end, played last weekend.

Highly recommend for beginners. Paul O Riley the PGA Pro is fantastic, real straight and honest guy who explains the drills very well and always enjoyable!

Quote Originally Posted by marshy104:
    Signed up to KSC in the end, played last weekend.

Highly recommend for beginners. Paul O Riley the PGA Pro is fantastic, real straight and honest guy who explains the drills very well and always enjoyable!
    Paul Riley, brother of former Australian Open Champion Wayne Riley. He gives good lessons but beware he is a madman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster:
    Paul Riley, brother of former Australian Open Champion Wayne Riley. He gives good lessons but beware he is a madman!!
    id expect nothing else from a sporty Ozzy.

hong kong golf and tennis academy has the leading golf instructor in asia, but not sure whether you can access it without being a member

That place is new and private. I sincerely doubt that person is the leading instructor in Asia.

Well, to be honest, Paul has calmed down recently due to wife and 2 lovely kids. IMO, he still talks a bit much when giving putting lessons.