Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neill

Where to buy weight lifting plates in Hong Kong?

Where to buy weight lifting plates in Hong Kong?

Does anyone know where to buy weightlifting plates in Hong Kong?

I'm looking for very light 0.25kg, 0.5kg and 0.75kg plates for an Olympic bar.

Thank you!

The term is microplates. But good luck, you're going to need it.

Try joinfit.hk, but they've got something on their site about needing to make an appointment to see them.

Otherwise, you go to Reclamation St over in Mongkok and trawl around the hardware stores to find giant washers. You're looking for washers with an Inner Diameter of 2"/50mm. Get a stack of them and tie them together, or get a metalwork shop to weld them into the appropriate weights.

Otherwise, order them from Amazon (last I checked, metric plates were available there).

Or at a pinch, if your gym has chunky metal barbell collars, weight them and use them to microload.

What sort of program are you doing that requires microplates?

Conversation I had with Mike Wong over at SFCC

https://www.facebook.com/STSFCC/

Thanks for the suggestions. I went with Amazon in the end. Expensive for what it is, but should last a lifetime.

I'm doing 5x5 with progressive loading, As I am unable to go up 2.5kg every workout I need to build up strength slower with these fractional weights.

pkboy likes this.

Ah, yes, Fractional Plates and not microplates.

Good luck with the program. I tried that for a while, it was fairly effective. More work than necessary, and a bit too mass-oriented for what I wanted though.

I just used washers, I preferred the ghetto look.

If you're anal about it, and you probably should be if you're microloading, you might want to weigh the weights at the gym. If they are not sold as calibrated, they can be off by a fair bit which makes microloading pointless.