Like Tree657Likes

English Premier League 2017/2018

Reply
Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 ... LastLast
  1. #1001

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    They are five points closer to bottom-of-the-table West Brom (25 point lead) than they are to table-topping Man City (30 point gap)!

    But looking at their remaining PL schedule, you have to think they're favorites against everyone except MU and perhaps Leicester.
    Not when they've lost to Swansea, Bournemouth, Osterlunds, Nottingham Forest recently... with their away form as well, they are capable of losing to anyone.
    huja likes this.

  2. #1002

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,690
    Matchday 29
    (HK Timezone)

    Saturday
    Burnley v Everton (8:30pm)
    Leicester v Bournemouth (all 11pm)
    Southampton v Stoke
    Swansea v West Ham
    Tottenham v Huddersfield
    Watford v West Brom

    Sunday
    Liverpool v Newcastle (01:30am)
    Brighton v Arsenal (9:30pm)

    Monday
    ManCity v Chelsea (00:00am)

    Tuesday
    Palace v ManUnited (04:00am)

  3. #1003

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193

    Gonna be a cold weekend for English footie.


  4. #1004

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193

    Tottenham and Liverpool both win their home matches 2-0 today. Best action of the day might have been Klopp's gyrations in extra time when Salah was taken down in the box and the officials decided to swallow their whistles.

    WBA further cementing their table-bottom position with a loss at Watford. Swansea earned three points at West Ham's expense. Stoke and Southampton each earn a point as they try to escape the gravity of the relegation zone. That's the real race to watch this season.


  5. #1005

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,690
    A rather ordinary Matchday. Didn't watch the Liverpool game but glad they found some consistency. Klopp is doing a good job IMHO. Tottenham with ease. So many chances as a 4:0,5:0 was absolutely possible. Great to watch them. Big game ahead next Wednesday against Juventus! Will be a cracker. Prediction ManCity v Chelsea 4:1 later on Sunday.

    Burnley v Everton 2:1

    Leicester v Bournemouth 1:1
    Southampton v Stoke 0:0
    Swansea v West Ham 4:1
    Tottenham v Huddersfield 2:0
    Watford v West Brom ​1:0
    Liverpool v Newcastle 2:0
    Last edited by Tom007; 04-03-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    huja likes this.

  6. #1006

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    Not when they've lost to Swansea, Bournemouth, Osterlunds, Nottingham Forest recently... with their away form as well, they are capable of losing to anyone.
    Gold star for UK/HKboy . . .Pits of Despair for Arsenal supporters.

    B&H 2-1 Ars. FT
    Last edited by huja; 05-03-2018 at 01:34 AM.
    UK/HKboy likes this.

  7. #1007

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193

    Manchester City scratch out a 1-0 victory over Chelsea to go 18 points clear at the top of the table (pending MU's match tomorrow). In a week, City have won three matches with an aggregate score of 7-0, hoisted a cup and earned six PL points. They host Basel in UCL play in three days. It seems City's greatest opponents are fatigue and injury.


  8. #1008

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,126
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Manchester City scratch out a 1-0 victory over Chelsea to go 18 points clear at the top of the table (pending MU's match tomorrow). In a week, City have won three matches with an aggregate score of 7-0, hoisted a cup and earned six PL points. They host Basel in UCL play in three days. It seems City's greatest opponents are fatigue and injury.
    Not bad I suppose It could be a very interesting summer as all the other big teams try and catch up.

  9. #1009

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,126
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Gold star for UK/HKboy . . .Pits of Despair for Arsenal supporters.

    B&H 2-1 Ars. FT
    Can you hear the sound of the nails going in Wenger's coffin? It is a shame that he will likely go out on a low.

  10. #1010

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Not bad I suppose It could be a very interesting summer as all the other big teams try and catch up.
    I think City fans need to savor this season. With all the matches played and with the World Cup coming along, I anticipate lots of injuries and burnout next year. I remember former Man City stalwart Pablo Zabaleta coming back from the 2014 World Cup a shell of himself. Maybe Pep will make a move for a bunch of American and Italian players this offseason as they will be well-rested.