Like Tree657Likes

English Premier League 2017/2018

Reply
Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 104 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
  1. #1111

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,690

    Congrats again. Well done City. Pep wants to be finishing on a high. He had the same approach during his Bayern reign a few years ago. Bayern kept the focus high until the last Matchday despite having won the Championship Easter or so. That's his trademark. No let up

    huja likes this.

  2. #1112

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    21,077
    huja likes this.

  3. #1113

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193

    Good graphic, @East_coast.

    MU will likely have as many or more points as Leicester City's 81 when they won the Premiership two seasons ago . . . and still not be within a dozen points of Manchester City.

    Liverpool has an outside chance to reach 80 points if they win their remaining three matches. That would put three clubs at 80 or more points. Very top-heavy league this year.

    East_coast likes this.

  4. #1114

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,126
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Good graphic, @East_coast.

    MU will likely have as many or more points as Leicester City's 81 when they won the Premiership two seasons ago . . . and still not be within a dozen points of Manchester City.

    Liverpool has an outside chance to reach 80 points if they win their remaining three matches. That would put three clubs at 80 or more points. Very top-heavy league this year.
    Great to see Man City flying high (but do it a couple of more times and we will all hate you )

  5. #1115

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Great to see Man City flying high (but do it a couple of more times and we will all hate you )
    Yep. That's usually how it works.

  6. #1116

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,690
    UEFA Europa League 1/2 final - 1st leg

    I think I should post it here since it's Arsenal and Wenger related. A disappointing night for Arsenal once again. More than 80 minutes with 11 v 10 and so many chances, as the Gunners conceded the late equaliser ( Griezmann '82 ) at the Emirates against Atlético Madrid. Surely advantage Atlético now. 2nd Leg next Thursday.

    Arsenal v Atlético 1:1
    Marseille v Salzburg 2.0

  7. #1117

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    UEFA Europa League 1/2 final - 1st leg

    I think I should post it here since it's Arsenal and Wenger related. A disappointing night for Arsenal once again. More than 80 minutes with 11 v 10 and so many chances, as the Gunners conceded the late equaliser ( Griezmann '82 ) at the Emirates against Atlético Madrid. Surely advantage Atlético now. 2nd Leg next Thursday.

    Arsenal v Atlético 1:1
    Marseille v Salzburg 2.0
    Wenger's ride into the sunset will not be a glorious affair.

  8. #1118

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,690
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Wenger's ride into the sunset will not be a glorious affair.
    Watched the match until the 70th minute or so. Couldn't believe the result in the morning. So dominant the whole game but squandering chances after chances. Typical Arsenal some might ht say. Hopefully the new coach can tackle thieir mental weakness. However chances are slim now qualifying for the CL through the Europa League route but let's wait until next Thursday
    Last edited by Tom007; 27-04-2018 at 01:03 PM.

  9. #1119

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,690
    Matchday 36

    Saturday
    Liverpool v Stoke
    Burnley v Brighton
    Palace v Leicester
    Huddersfield v Everton
    Newcastle v West Brom
    Southampton v Bournemouth
    Swansea v Chelsea

    Sunday
    West Ham v ManCity
    ManUnited v Arsenal

    Monday
    Tottenham v Watford

  10. #1120

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,193

    Liverpool dominating in every statistic except the score while hosting Stoke City. Scoreless draw at Anfield. Mo Salah actually looked mortal today, missing a gimme. Stoke also had chances.