Like Tree31Likes

Why does every gym always have a couple of nutjobs?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What about the folks who record their workouts on instagram? they must be spending a lot of time positioning their phones etc

The ones that irritate me the most are the fuckers who occupy the benches/machines/weights and chat chat chat chat chat chat chat.

You wanna chat, go to a cafe.

in that Pure ICBC, I've seen a lot of weirdos standing naked in front of the mirror for ages, while drying their pube hair and putting lotion over all their body. I mean it's a gym, ok to see naked people but you don't have to parade around and stare at people like a weirdo.
    Also people playing with their phone on the machine and staying for ever. Or that weirdo who has a list of machine he wants to use and won't change any or the order, he saw you've just started but he will stand in front of you staring at you.
    At least the staff is really good at Pure, it just took me an email to cancel my membership. It's very clean as well.
    I heard horror stories about California with men being a bit touchy feely.

Having read this thread I think I'll stick to being overweight and unhealthy

jgl, Mat, Elegiaque and 3 others like this.

The naked dudes standing around (or sitting, cross legged, with junk exposed) are putting on a display. You get very good at averting your gaze. LOL

Commercial gyms in HK are often like this! Not an issue at my gym since there is no locker room (just individual shower stalls/toilets).

Eddy Mundo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Having read this thread I think I'll stick to being overweight and unhealthy
    The standard Geo answer: Go hiking
    Mat, hullexile, shri and 1 others like this.

Icbc used to be season fitness which was a popular hangout for men who are literally into men. I dont care what they do, just dont stare at me llke a ribeye steak

MASTER-OF-HK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Thanks for the laugh .. what does he sing?!?
    wasnt me!

Pure isn't that bad, although I have been on the elliptical next to the singing guy. I think I've also seen the old chinese dude who gyrates his hips for hours at a time. Both were at CWB Pure.

I find the highest # of "bench occupiers" Ie. dudes who just sit on the equipment and check out their phones at the PCCW and Langham place Pure while the most "normal" of all the Pure's is either Kinwick centre or Fairmont.

But overall I've seen much worse in other gyms. California fitness was a nightmare experience when I went for my free one week trial.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast