Like Tree31Likes

Why does every gym always have a couple of nutjobs?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    The ones that irritate me the most are the fuckers who occupy the benches/machines/weights and chat chat chat chat chat chat chat.

You wanna chat, go to a cafe.
    There is a clique of old locals who do this in the changing room. Just sit on the benches and yell at each other in canto. I don't mind people being social but either tone down the volume or take it outside!
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    Icbc used to be season fitness which was a popular hangout for men who are literally into men. I dont care what they do, just dont stare at me llke a ribeye steak
    Used to be a place called Tom Turks in the late 90s. Had the same reputation at that time.
    BCD likes this.

Isn't the unnecessarily loud breathing and grunting as if no one else is in the room purely a male thing?

Like hull, I would rather stay overweight then spend my time in a gym. But in yoga lessons, it's a very tragic moment when you realize a man has joined the class...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Thanks for the laugh .. what does he sing?!?
    Normally some canto pop songs. He watches the videos on his phone while he closes his eyes. He even closes his fists and brings it up in the air. Probably at the chorus of the song. What a nutjob. I saw him parking his car once. He was singing in the car too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    ICBC.... somethingsomethingfinancepeoplearecrazy?

Ah, hang on. We do have:

Older Chinese guy does high rep, super light weight squats in the corner and makes sex groaning noises on each rep. Mildly off-putting

Really old Chinese guy with long grey hair tends to stand around stark naked in the change room chatting to friends, occasionally singing. Never covers himself up.
    Yeah those finance guys... Yes, we've got that Chinese guy that groans at every rep. I heard him taking a shit once too. I don't know if it was him, but he was groaning similarly. What a piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    in that Pure ICBC, I've seen a lot of weirdos standing naked in front of the mirror for ages, while drying their pube hair and putting lotion over all their body. I mean it's a gym, ok to see naked people but you don't have to parade around and stare at people like a weirdo.
    Yes indeed. Always fun when you go around the corner to dry your hair, only to walk right "into" an old man bending over blow drying his toes. Not sensitive to nudity, but a hairy old scrotum certainly put life into perspective.
    Plutark and jayinhongkong like this.

Icbc used to be season fitness which was a popular hangout for men who are literally into men. I dont care what they do, just dont stare at me llke a ribeye steak
    No doubt. One time, I noticed a guy in the locker room licking his mouth in slow motion looking at me. Good fun.

Is there a method/signal to say that I am not interested? I wear two underwears in changing rooms and avoid going anywhere near the saunas.

Is there a method/signal to say that I am not interested? I wear two underwears in changing rooms and avoid going anywhere near the saunas.
    Give 'em a wink and they'll dream about you until the next day. Well, you could get one of those ancient metal chastity belts to play it safe.

At Pure CWB branch, there is an older guy who grunts and screams when he lifts weights. He is usually there and you can't miss his noise making. Super annoying enough where I decided to cancel their membership. The people on their phones there while working out is quite annoying if you want to finish your workout within an hour.