Like Tree15Likes

GoBee Bike review

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

In the states they have a subscription with the first 30 minutes of every booking free. The bikes must be returned to a parking station.

I think a subscription model would be better but with some cooling off period between the ongoing "free" rentals.

I work in the TKO area. There's a lot of bikes here however as time goes on and in the aftermath of the recent typhoons, there are now more and more "dead" bikes basically littering the pavements. Once you get out to LOHAS Park area maybe 30% of the bikes there are damaged and non-unlockable.

There are a few "pink" bikes about but all of these have clearly been effectively stolen or dumped in industrial buildings. In fact, I saw a few of the solar panel basket thingies cannibalised and being used wired up to something in a side alley! I report all the dead bikes and get a polite response but no action. Surely when there are 15-20 dead bikes in an area it becomes economical to send a van to collect them up? The fact they haven't makes me wonder if they're in dire financial straits already?!

I should say even with the above, when I have really needed to use the service I have always managed to find a working bike and they are OK and have gotten me from A to B as planned - also if they were great bikes they'd all be stolen, right? I'm reasonably happy with the price and convenience (except the growing issue with dead bikes) and I will keep using GoBee.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Frequent User

Both my husband and I have used GoBee bikes on several occasions. We live in Taipo and there are many bikes around. On the whole, we have had fairly positive experiences. Yes, the bicycles are a cheaper model and we use them just for short term fun rides or commutes. I like that we can go in one direction, pick up and drop off anywhere. At $5 for 1/2 an hour, very good price. One day we had a problem. My husband manually entered a code and a different bike, no where near us unlocked. We tried multiple times to contact the company but didn't receive repleys until several days later. Since he couldn't lock the bike, his balance dropped to $0 over 4 hours and we lost out on our outing. To be fair, the company refunded the money when they finally got back to us. So I guess would say, fun to use, mostly relaible, don't expect customer support if a problem occurs.