Like Tree17Likes

Chris Froome fights to save career after failed drugs test result

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Armstrong never got caught. Doesn't mean he didn't cheat.
    I find it sad that somebody is cleared by the World Anti-doping agency and by the UCI of any wrongdoing yet there are people who have no scientific knowledge or access to the evidence but still conclude he is guilty "because Armstrong cheated".
    HK_Katherine and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I find it sad that somebody is cleared by the World Anti-doping agency and by the UCI of any wrongdoing yet there are people who have no scientific knowledge or access to the evidence but still conclude he is guilty "because Armstrong cheated".
    It's not that Armstrong cheated, it's that many, many many of the top cyclists have been caught and had positive tests and that some like Armstrong who was repeatedly tested managed to evade detection. It's pretty hard to give the benefit of the doubt regardless of the nationality. It is what it is... Then again like Armstrong, if you still win when everyone is doping then does it mean you have a better doctor or you are a superior athlete? Maybe both...

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    It's not that Armstrong cheated, it's that many, many many of the top cyclists have been caught and had positive tests and that some like Armstrong who was repeatedly tested managed to evade detection. It's pretty hard to give the benefit of the doubt regardless of the nationality. It is what it is... Then again like Armstrong, if you still win when everyone is doping then does it mean you have a better doctor or you are a superior athlete? Maybe both...
    I agree it is hard to trust any of them (and part of me finds it hard to believe anybody can achieve what they do without serious drugs) but then why pick out Froome to throw piss over? Didn't they do the same to Wiggins?

I find it sad that many of them keep doing the wrong thing (and altering our faith in their extraordinary achievement).For the record, I have not stated MY opinion on this thread, I just know when I read the sport news in France, that many cyclist supporters (so called) are angry over this and Froome I hope has good security cos you never know with some nut job.

I find it sad that many of them keep doing the wrong thing (and altering our faith in their extraordinary achievement).For the record, I have not stated MY opinion on this thread, I just know when I read the sport news in France, that many cyclist supporters (so called) are angry over this and Froome I hope has good security cos you never know with some nut job.
    Is this anger to be found outside France? I can't see what security you can put in place during the race, it is impossible even to stop the idiots getting in the way of the cyclists.

Is this anger to be found outside France? I can't see what security you can put in place during the race, it is impossible even to stop the idiots getting in the way of the cyclists.
    The tour de France, is in France...I read (I said it in my post) a French news paper. I don't think Australian or Pilipino or Chinese have any issue with that.....

The tour de France, is in France...I read (I said it in my post) a French news paper. I don't think Australian or Pilipino or Chinese have any issue with that.....
    Yes but cycling fans are worldwide. I read it in a UK paper and they labeled it as only a French anger. Btw, the country is Pilipinas, the people are Filipino.

Yes but cycling fans are worldwide. I read it in a UK paper and they labeled it as only a French anger. Btw, the country is Pilipinas, the people are Filipino.
    Of course in a UK news paper they will label it only as French anger ...Hey, Hull, I don't care....all I said is that he better be ready for a hot welcome that's all....I get it, Froome is brit, easy...:-)

Yes, it's called a typo, like Pilipinas.

Yes, it's called a typo, like Pilipinas.
    What is the typo in Pilipinas?

Linking it back to cycling, the Tour here is for some reason called the Tour de Filipinas which gives it a totally different concept