Like Tree17Likes

most difficult hike in hk?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Dog's teeth full speed downhill is a good hair raiser!

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    @Trance Omega any input?
    Someone knows me :-)

I have done all above of which most are pretty but wouldnt say any are mega difficult with the exception of South Heavens Gate. I have always done that stream hike when it is dry season and when its as dry as possible and with very sticky viabram soles.
    Most trickiest hike I have done where big balls are required is Tung Chung to Mui Wo via the 3 dangers in the WLH gorge. One mistake on this and its death or a lot of broken bones. Gotta know what you are doing if not stick to the pretty easy WLH country trail.
    Devils fist starting from Brides Pool and finishing in Tai Mei Tuk is a very tough day hike IMHO especially if you are over 5ft tall as you will be doing a lot of bush whacking doubled up.
    West Dogs Tooth at night is fun which I have done several times, even better when you add on the south phoenix trail and then popping out at the Lantau trail just above south heavens gate. I last did it during the day 2 weeks ago. Got some nice drone shots too.
    Other hard ones, Tong Fuk-Teapot-South Phoenix trail, Pat Sin Leng, Hunchbacks mid approach, Dragons back on any sunday or bank holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Hunchbacks mid approach
    is this the Ma On Shan "ropes course" route? friends have done that. I haven't, and don't plan to. Just seems like there's enough great hiking/trail running w/out trusting some random strangers' rope attachments.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3