Like Tree10Likes

Cleaning the bike anywhere - water sprayer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    But presumably you're ending your dirty trip somewhere in the NT probably near villages and public toilets where there would be an outside hose, right? LCSD parks will have water hoses, too, but it's tricky to figure out how to get access to them. (A resident near a public toilet in my neighborhood regularly waters his whole garden with the public toilet water hose... )

I was going to say.... bringing a bike into a shower would indeed require a very understanding partner...
    Yeah, the best solution is to find a hose out in the New Territories. Van drivers may know locations, there are some places that are considered standard cleaning stations by mountain bikers, where it's fine to use the facilities so long as you buy a cheap meal.

But depending on where you end up, a hose may still not be practical at the end of a ride. Also at the end of a summer ride wearing body armour and full face helmet, you might want to sit in an air conditioned van for an hour rather than look for a hose.

LCSD? I'm not aware of any facilities near rides. If you meant AFCD, most of the good trails in HK are illegal and there is constant low level tension between the AFCD and mountain bikers.

The public toilet hose might be a workable idea, but it's also likely to piss off the neigbours- the amound of mud generated by a bike really stands out, and when done by a Westerner is less acceptable than when done by a local who's lived in the area all their life. And personally, I want as little to do with public toilets as possible.

I've spent a decade thinking about this, there are no 'ideal' solutions like someone would have in a country with front yards.
    Last edited by jgl; 15-02-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Some partners can be very understanding

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...bZsC3uqauxI3XL
    That's how I envisioned @Golem showering with his bike.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    That's how I envisioned @Golem showering with his bike.
    It's an excellent moment to bond with your faithful steed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3