Like Tree214Likes

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 / 14 June - 15 July

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

England are favourites

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ach-semi-final

To make the semis

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    England wont make it thru past Sweden.Unless they up their game of course but based on last night...they don't. I mean penalty shootout against Colombia....The semi will be Croatia - SwedenI have to say tho...the bottom half doesn't make you dream...Sweden, Croatia, Russia....
    And you think Sweden were impressive? England better of the two I think.

Hope England win FFS vs them Swedes

Last 10 results (friendlies included)
    Sweden 4-2 England (2012 friendly)
    Sweden 2-3 England (Euro 2012)
    England 1-0 Sweden (2011 friendly)
    Sweden 2-2 England (World Cup 2006)
    Sweden 1-0 England (2004 friendly)
    England 1-1 Sweden (World Cup 2002)
    England 1-1 Sweden (2001 friendly)
    England 0-0 Sweden (Euro 2000 qualifier)
    Sweden 2-1 England (Euro 2000 qualifier)
    England 3-3 Sweden (1995 friendly)

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And you think Sweden were impressive? England better of the two I think.
    They weren't impressive - they are taller and more physical than the Colombian though, which might be an issue for England.As I said, the bottom half doesn't make you dream so far. Sweden/Switzerland was a purge. England Colombia wasn't much better.
    East_coast likes this.

England wont make it thru past Sweden.Unless they up their game of course but based on last night...they don't. I mean penalty shootout against Colombia....The semi will be Croatia - SwedenI have to say tho...the bottom half doesn't make you dream...Sweden, Croatia, Russia....
    I think England did ok last night but after the lead a bit too passive and also they lost their game due to the Colombians dirty tricks and antics... There was the incident prior Kane's penalty, when a Colombian player tried to demage the penalty spot while talking to the ref ( will be trying to get some images ) In extra time Colombia looked more confident but no wonder after their late equaliser! Can't see a Sweden win tbh but let's see

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    I think England did ok last night but after the lead a bit too passive and also they lost their game due to the Colombians dirty tricks and antics... There was the incident prior Kane's penalty, when a Colombian player tried to demage the penalty spot while talking to the ref ( will be trying to get some images ) In extra time Colombia looked more confident but no wonder after their late equaliser! Can't see a Sweden win tbh but let's see
    They didn't do bad, but it wasn't great either. The only goal was a penalty...On paper they are better than the Ikea team but as I said, they will need to up their game to go thru. I think one of the most interesting game will be Brazil - Belgium...

They didn't do bad, but it wasn't great either. The only goal was a penalty...On paper they are better than the Ikea team but as I said, they will need to up their game to go thru. I think one of the most interesting game will be Brazil - Belgium...
    i go for Belgium

Well, in spite of all you pessimists, I have high hopes for England. It is marvellous after so much disappointment since 1966 that they are having some success. I shall continue to encourage not run them down.
    I agree that Columbia were playing particularly nastily last night, some vying with Neymar for Prima Donna of the year.

SpeakCantonese and Tom007 like this.

Ok it's prediction time

Quarterfinals
    Uruguay v France 1:2
    Brazil v Belgium 1:2
    Sweden v England 1:3
    Russia v Croatia 2:1 (a.e.t)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Ok it's prediction time

Quarterfinals
    Uruguay v France 0:1
    Brazil v Belgium 3:2
    Sweden v England 1:2
    Russia v Croatia 2:1 (a.e.t)
    I actually think a couple of thes games will be decided by penalties but I have put my predictions in your quote

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast