Like Tree214Likes

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 / 14 June - 15 July

Reply
Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 64 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
  1. #711

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,650
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    England will never have a clearer path to the finals in our lifetime than this W.C. That's gotta' sting.
    Yes the door for the final was pretty wide open ..

  2. #712

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,650
    FIFA World Cup Final 2018

    France v Croatia
    Date: 15 July - 11pm
    Venue: Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
    Referee: Néstor Pitana, Argentina
    HK Live: Now World Cup 1, ViuTV

  3. #713

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Somehow meaningless game. FIFA should scrap it Anyway congrats Belgium 3rd place & a good tournament for them; also England did pretty well. Best result since 1990 in Italy - staggering 28 years ago. EPL is the best & richest Football League on the planet - The last 8 or even better should be the minimum in the future. They dominated Croatia for quite some time - so a win was definitely possible in the Semifinal - but after the equaliser England had nothing left in the tank. I'm sure they will be bouncing back. Euro 2020 the next goal.
    England - one of the best league in the world but sadly for them most of the best players in that league are French Italian Spanish Belgians Argentinians Brazilians etc not english.

    they need to do more to groom Home made talent.
    AJZ likes this.

  4. #714

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    England - one of the best league in the world but sadly for them most of the best players in that league are French Italian Spanish Belgians Argentinians Brazilians etc not english.

    they need to do more to groom Home made talent.
    There's something fishy about England and their home grown talent. Some are put on a pedestal and over-hyped (i.e. Harry Kane). Some are absolutely crucified by the press (i.e. Raheem Sterling). It's not a healthy place to be a national player.
    Mat likes this.

  5. #715

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    England did pretty well. Best result since 1990 in Italy - staggering 28 years ago.
    England
    Played 6 won 3 lost 3

    Were not able to give Harry Kane good quality ball. I know there is a euphoria about getting so far in the tournament but on paper it was meh.

    Croatia for tonight. They want it more.

  6. #716

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,085
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    England
    Played 6 won 3 lost 3

    Were not able to give Harry Kane good quality ball. I know there is a euphoria about getting so far in the tournament but on paper it was meh.

    Croatia for tonight. They want it more.
    Compared to Germany it was superb and that is all that matters
    East_coast, huja and Tom007 like this.

  7. #717

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,179
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Compared to Germany it was superb and that is all that matters
    Compared to Italy, Germany's run was long and storied.
    hullexile and Tom007 like this.

  8. #718

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,650
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    England
    Played 6 won 3 lost 3

    Were not able to give Harry Kane good quality ball. I know there is a euphoria about getting so far in the tournament but on paper it was meh.

    Croatia for tonight. They want it more.
    Russia 2018
    England: Played 6, won 4, lost 2 prior the (rather meaningless ) 3rd place match
    East_coast likes this.

  9. #719

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    25,085

    Placard seen at the Trump protests:

    Trump as welcome as a third place playoff


  10. #720

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,650
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Compared to Germany it was superb and that is all that matters
    Its a new start for Engand IMHO and they should build on it. At the end nobody really cares if they had an easy path 2018 or not. But now they should follow up. Euro's 2020 ain't far away
    East_coast and hullexile like this.

Reply
Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 64 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast