Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

The 147th Open Championship Carnoustie Golf Links 19-22 July 2018

Short summary later this evening

What's this? Even those who missed the cut get paid? Incredible. I should have signed up.
    But, i could not have done better than the Italian. Yes, congrats to Molinari.

Short summary ( 4th Round )
    Definitely a bit surprising when Francesco Molinari was holding the Claret Jug Sunday evening. He wasn't really amongst the top
    favourites but what a final round. Sunny and dry but tough windy conditions at Carnoustie as he was one of the few players played under par & had a bogey-free final round. Well done. Also impressing that he didn't crumble while playing with Tiger - but perhaps it was also an advantage; Tiger got all the attention, noise and hype while Molinari just played his (nearly flawless) game. Another player really impressed me was Englishman Justin Rose. Pity that he had to come from so far behind ( after the second round +3 ) when he literally secured the cut with his last putt! But then 9 under and only one bogey for the last 2 rounds and tied for second. Big congrats! Also Rory and especially Tiger didn't disappoint the audience. So many people and so called experts had written off Tiger that he is too old, too injury-prone and won't win a major anymore - Well he came pretty close this time. Great experience for him and hopefully he stays injury free. Some real flashes of the 'Old Tiger' when leading the pack for an hour or so and the crowd went absolutely nuts ( unfortunately unruly as well ) Not too much concerned about Rory. At his best he's hard to beat and sooner or later he will be adding a big (major) trophy again. Last but not least respect for the great live coverage on HK FoxSports; simply one of the best. Truly enjoyed it! Ok now looking forward to the last major of 2018 'The PGA Championship' next month in Town and Country, Missouri.

All true, but i think we will be seeing most of these chaps, including Tiger Woods, at Akron Ohio before the PGA Championship.
    Then of course the Ryder Cup hype begins in earnest, in French this year.

I thought it might be a good idea closing this thread with last weeks 32nd Senior Open Championship 2018, St Andrews. For a couple of players like Tom Lehman, Bernhard Langer, Sandy Lyle, John Daly, Tom Watson... it was just 45 minutes car drive from Carnoustie Links to the Royal and Ancient Golf Course St Andrews Great Golf especially on the weekend and a great battle between Jiménez and Langer. Both didn't play in the same group on Sunday ( 2nd last & last pairing ) so maybe maybe a slight advantage for Jiménez. Crucial and really difficult par putt on 17 was the decider IMHO ( attached images ) as he kept Langer at bay with a 1 shot lead; heading to 18 and with a solid Tee shot and second on the green, followed by 2 putts, he was home safe & dry preventing Langer the play-offs and a possible back to back Senior Open win. Well done and congrats to Jiménez and Langer!

Top 10 Leaderboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8