Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Nothing spectacular but job done!
    2:0 ('90+7)

Fulltime
    Everton 0
    ManCity 2

1 ManCity 62
    2 Liverpool 62
    Midweek and away fixture? Absolutely pleased with that result. Let's see how Liverpool deals with the burden of expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Halftime
    1:0 City
    45+2 @hullexile can see all 3 games parallel
    He is happily snoring
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    He is happily snoring
    Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Midweek and away fixture? Absolutely pleased with that result. Let's see how Liverpool deals with the burden of expectation.
    No doubt that you're absolutely pleased with the result
    huja likes this.

I think Liverpool will bottle it just like the previous 5 finals they've played in but it will be close. Citeh to take top spot.

As for Top 4, Spurs comfortably and United. As a Gooner, I can only hope we win the Europa but Chelsea or Napoli will have something to say about that. Europa league beckons for Arsenal again. Here's to living on a prayer.

huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    I think Liverpool will bottle it just like the previous 5 finals they've played in but it will be close. Citeh to take top spot.

As for Top 4, Spurs comfortably and United. As a Gooner, I can only hope we win the Europa but Chelsea or Napoli will have something to say about that. Europa league beckons for Arsenal again. Here's to living on a prayer.
    You guys need to fix your Ozil problem to move forward. Also, owner Stan Kroenke is one of the worst owners in U.S. sports. As a former supporter of one of his American sports teams I feel your pain.

I think Liverpool's margin for error is razor thin. They aren't as deep as City. They haven't closed the deal before. If Salah is out of form they have no chance.

I heard a talking head said that Man U would play Liverpool tough because they'd rather see City win than Liverpool . . . . I have to give that opinion some thought.
    periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    You guys need to fix your Ozil problem to move forward. Also, owner Stan Kroenke is one of the worst owners in U.S. sports. As a former supporter of one of his American sports teams I feel your pain.
    I agree 100% 350K on the bench is a joke but players hold teams for ransom nowadays. Unless you're in the CL challenging, it's very difficult to keep onto world class players. Once players get their contract, they don't have to do bust their balls, we see it time and time again before a players contract is about to expire.

The root of the problem is Stan Kroenke, an owner who doesn't care about Arsenal, just the profits. That filters down and the resignation of Mislintat was tantamount to what is really going on behind closed doors. Aslong as we keep filling his pockets with overpriced stadium tickets and a global fanbase, we are stuck in this rigid business model.

Emery is the one saving grace at the moment, from what we've seen in the past 6 months, a foundation is being build, but like Pep and Klopp, it will take time. I'm not expecting any major titles in the next few years but I expect us to be challenging. Right now we are closer to Wolves and Everton instead of Liverpool and Citeh.

Players Emery has brought in on a budget like Guendouzi, Torreira and Sokratis show grit, determination and a will to win. No more lackadaisical players who only put in a performance every once and a while. Arsenal played complacent football for so many years and I believe that was due to Wenger's old age and inabilty to fire the players up. That and a stubborness to adapt like Sarri is showing right now. The guy is a legend and I love the man but everyone's time comes.

Yeah, Salah is key. I think United will play tough no matter what as a top 4 finish is far from certain for them.
    huja likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 87 FirstFirst ... 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 ... LastLast