Like Tree313Likes

English Premier League 2018/2019

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast

Visiting teams found hostility instead of hospitality as all three were held scoreless.

MC 2-0 Cardiff
    TOT 2-0 CP
    CHE 3-0 BHA

City back atop the table. TOT and CHE get the job done as they march toward top-4 finishes.

Southampton with strong early play and are rewarded with a goal at 9" against visiting Liverpool. Looking over Liverpool's remaining fixture list, this seems to be their most dangerous remaining opponent.

A bit difficult to follow the match as 'Pool wearing purple kits and Southampton red and white. Always expect Liverpool in red.

Goal seems to have slapped Liverpool awake. They are much more dangerous after going down.

Liverpool with the equalizer at 36".

SOU 1-1 LIV

Thanks @huja

Southampton v Liverpool 1:3
    Bournemouth v Burnley
    Huddersfield v Leicester
    Newcastle v Palace

Sunday
    Everton v Arsenal

Tuesday
    Chelsea v West Ham

FA Cup Semifinals this weekend as well!

Sunday (HKT)
    ManCity v Brighton - 00:30am
    Watford v Wolverhampton - 11pm

Liverpool with five remaining EPL matches. Their toughest opponent is an inconsistent Chelsea club but it's at Anfield. Pretty good chance they run the table and finish with 97 points.

That leaves no room for error if Man City hopes to repeat as champions. Their remaining fixture list is much tougher. They host Tottenham at home and face MU at Old Trafford. As much as it pains me to say, I think City drops points.

What's your prediction, @Tom077? @hullexile? Others?

Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Liverpool with five remaining EPL matches. Their toughest opponent is an inconsistent Chelsea club but it's at Anfield. Pretty good chance they run the table and finish with 97 points.

That leaves no room for error if Man City hopes to repeat as champions. Their remaining fixture list is much tougher. They host Tottenham at home and face MU at Old Trafford. As much as it pains me to say, I think City drops points.

Way back I said City to win the league on goal difference. I'll stick with that. Perhaps on paper it is Liverpool's but football is unpredictable and I think City will handle the pressure better.
    Last edited by hullexile; 06-04-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:

1 ManCity
    2 Liverpool
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezza:
    1. Liverpool
    2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Spurs

Mourinho to be sacked by the end of the season. Arsenal to realise they have a massive rebuilding job on their hands after years of stagnation under Wenge. Liverpool to end their long wait for a league title.
    I'm still going for my original prediction, although I think Arsenal are going to sneak into the top 4 ahead of Chelsea now.

Come on Liverpool!
    huja likes this.

Another thing that is crazy:

Liverpool have won the league 18 times, but even if you adjust previous points totals to 3 points for a win when it used to be 2, they have more points now than in any of those 18 league winning seasons.

It just shows the incredible season they, and also Man City are having.

huja likes this.

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast