Buying sport supplements in Hong Kong, but no info about price and expiry date....

Unhappy Buying sport supplements in Hong Kong, but no info about price and expiry date....

Hello Friens of Hong Kong,

I have a little dilemma that I am trying to understand.

Next week I am going to Hong Kong and I wanted to buy an American supplement (Met-rx Meal Replacement) which comes in daily packages which you take either all of or even just half of sometimes... My plan is to buy 6 boxes of a 40 pack - which is a total of 240 daily packets, which I would consume in about 8-12 months. And to do this I need to bring an extra suitcase from my country and bring it to HK, and then fill it up and bring it back with me on my flight back home.

I did come in contact with BC Shops through their Facebook page, and they were not very clear in their response when I asked them about their stock and that I planned to buy 6-8 boxes of the 40 pack box. At first, they told me to contact the retail shops for inventory and gave me a not very clear screen capture of a list of their 11 shops in HK, which the telephone number was visible, but impossible to see which shop I was calling and what area...

I then ask if they had a list of email addresses so I could reach them that way. In their response they told me that the shops would not stock a lot of this as it was not a "hot item", but was kind enough to offer to put on hold some boxes (not telling me how many), and asked me which date to come and pick up. I told him I was in HK between the 26th. September and 2nd. October, and that it would be possible for them to order more so I could buy the planned stock - and also told them that I needed to know the price. And that is when the shit hit the fan...

They told me they could not give me a price quote for this online (they do not mention any stock or prices on their website either), and that they would only put boxes on hold for me. So I had to have a friend in HK go to one of their stores, which was near his job, and he found out there was a promotion sale of HK$620 per box, and the store clerk told him they could get 10 boxes of the 40-pack. So once again I contacted the shop through their Facebook page and told them I got the price and now know they have a stock of 10 boxes, but I needed to know the expiry date as I am going to use these myself, and do not want to spend a lot of money on a big order and the products will expire before I can consume them (within the 8-12 months...)

Their reply was: "..... you request us to hold 6 boxes last time but now you have another request, sorry that we can't do what you request without any prepay."

So, how can I prepay when I do not know the price, and on top of that have no clue if this stock has a long enough expiry date for me to consume it all before it is expired ?

By the way, I have contacted another shop, in which I got a price when I called, but they were clearly tricking with the price by first giving me an overprice of HK$899 each, in which they quickly corrected it to be HK$ 799 - when normal retail price is HK is about HK$699.... And I am waiting for a reply from a third store that has promised to get back to me as soon as they have the information about stock and price...

...rant over... I need some advice guys... I know this is common practice that a price is not set when buying electronics and camera in those shady shops in TST, but this shop is a chain with 11 shops that sell real products (I hope...)

iHerb is easier, click click.

https://hk.iherb.com/c/met-rx?rank=0

Thanks emx for your reply and recommendation to iHerb. But unfortunately I am not after the meal replacement chocolate bars, but the powder daily packs which iHerb does not carry. Plus I am on holiday in HK for only a week's time.

By the way, I just got some really informative and friendly e-mails (with stock, price and expiry date) from the two other shops - Good Life Nutrition House and Nature's Village 樂健坊 - that also sells Met-rx in HK, so this negative and strange behavior from "BS.... I mean BC Shop might not be so normal as I worried about.