Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By muddles

Anyone goes to Fitness First ?

jay828

Anyone goes to Fitness First ?

I had a chance to get Fitness First membership handed over.
    I was asked for 3800HKD which is valid till next May, so 5.5 mths.
    Do you think this is proper price?
    It covers all Fitness First branch in HK.
    Besides the fee, any suggestion or comment on Fitness First users are welcomed, including gym buddies.

Hmm, I'm new to HK so don't really know what's normal for gym prices. I know in Science Park, NT, there's a gym that's meant to be 20 HKD per hour, or 500 HKD a month.

jay828 likes this.

jay828

@muddles
    Thanks. I ended up not accepting the deal. I thought it was too much, still. And now, as a result, I am becoming more and more couch potato. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jay828:
    I had a chance to get Fitness First membership handed over.
    I was asked for 3800HKD which is valid till next May, so 5.5 mths.
    Do you think this is proper price?
    It covers all Fitness First branch in HK.
    Besides the fee, any suggestion or comment on Fitness First users are welcomed, including gym buddies.
    That would be under the going rate for an all gyms FF membership, especially if it includes their 'platinum' clubs or whatever they are called.

They are one of the better gym chains in HK. Below Pure, probably above anything else. There is a lot of variation between locations though- Hopewell Centre is pretty good, Fortress Hill is a complete joke (haven't had a look for 2-3 years though).

Ah haha. I think I get enough daily exercise walking everywhere (even if it is to a bus stop or MTR station).

It could be worse, OP.

I personally believe gyms should be no more than $10USD per week, but hey, why not rip people off. Even better 2/3rds don't even use their memberships regularly... and let's not forget to fleece new joiners with PT sessions that cost a month's membership each time.

I recommend people in Hong Kong to use the vast number of parks, playgrounds and free infrastructure. Working out in a gym is pretty boring and is why people love looking at their phones whilst between some pretty lazy sets.

PMed you