Like Tree1Likes

Cricket World Cup 2019

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cricket World Cup 2019

what are possible options to subscribe to watch the cricket World Cup this June/July.

Am told Star cricket on Now tv would telecast it -however that would require a 24month subscription.

Any reasonable options people are aware of?

My hotstar doesn't work with VPN.

I bought a tv box has sky sports amongst others on it. works without vpn.

You can also opt for the annual sports plan with Hotstar. Paid about INR 299/year. I use it with VPNSecure. If you wish, you can unsubscribe anytime and get a refund for the balance days.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    I bought a tv box has sky sports amongst others on it. works without vpn.
    That TV Box is for indian channel as well or just sky sports?

Which box did you get? Assume you got it from sham shui po?

I got a UBox from Wan Chai computer center. Hit and miss for us, I don't know if its the internet speeds (shared line to building), or the box itself. I can watch Netflix, or UBox video on demand (shows) all I want without any issues, but these sports and other channels on Ubox are just not loading up right now .... need to find me a bar to watch some of the big games!

Not sure if anyone is interested in watching the cricket world cup, but below are a few possible ways

1) www.nowe.hk
    this is a streaming service provided by PCCW and NOW TV, it charges HK$300 for the whole tournament, but unlike other tournaments, it doesn't offer a daily pass.
    You can use google chrome cast to stream to your TV.

2) use VPN and sign up for Hotstar
    Hotstar is quite cheap for the whole year and you can watch various sports, indian movies and tv show, english TV and movies etc. Also if you want to watch all the cricket year round, i would suggest to sign up for Sony Liv, which is also quite cheap and then you will be covered for all the cricket games thru out the year.

3) Get a IPTV
    a) Real TV is really good, but it is quite expensive when you apply for the 1st time.
    b) for a cheaper alternative, you can subscribe for your own IPTV, however you will need to setup your self and get an android box. I use Finest IPTV, which gives you options for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and is quite cheap.

Hotstar is not accepting my Hong Kong Card over VPN

I think I will be watching on Smartcric.com (only works on phones)

crichd.com works well for me. Works both, on phone and laptop.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast