Like Tree12Likes

Golf clubs on minibus allowed?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Just put them up on the seat next to you and avoid eye contact with everyone who wants to sit there.

I've taken golf clubs on minibuses and buses many times with no issues. If it's a relatively small carry bag that you can put between your legs, it doesn't really bother anyone. If it's a large cart bag with all the bells and whistles then you should probably fork out the money for another type of transportation or to put it towards buying said small bag.

Thanks, some mixed thoughts I see. On that note, thoughts about taking it on the MTR? I have seen some big things on the train before so I assume it is not a problem.

Maybe I should just move to Sai Kung :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaas20:
    Thanks, some mixed thoughts I see. On that note, thoughts about taking it on the MTR? I have seen some big things on the train before so I assume it is not a problem.

Maybe I should just move to Sai Kung :P
    You could try putting it in a cello case and wearing a school uniform.
    chuckster007 and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaas20:
    On that note, thoughts about taking it on the MTR? I have seen some big things on the train before so I assume it is not a problem.
    Actually I have never seen anyone carry golf clubs in a large bag on the MTR, you will probably be looked down upon LOL

Plays rich mans sport but takes MTR I dont think you will get stopped, maybe on some occasions depending on the which MTR staff u meet

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I dont think you will get stopped, maybe on some occasions depending on the which MTR staff u meet
    You could always just beat them over the head with your clubs if all else fails

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Actually I have never seen anyone carry golf clubs in a large bag on the MTR, you will probably be looked down upon LOL

Plays rich mans sport but takes MTR I dont think you will get stopped, maybe on some occasions depending on the which MTR staff u meet
    I'm poor but I like golf
    chuckster007 likes this.

MTR luggage total dimensions (i.e. length plus width plus height) shall not exceed 170 cm and the length of any one side of the luggage shall not exceed 130 cm - see 1.2 in the link below

MTR > Conditions of Carriage of Luggage

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    MTR luggage total dimensions (i.e. length plus width plus height) shall not exceed 170 cm and the length of any one side of the luggage shall not exceed 130 cm - see 1.2 in the link below

MTR > Conditions of Carriage of Luggage
    Thanks. That should be just enough for a bag with clubs then. Although it would still be a bit of a hassle to carry it through all the stations me thinks.

Your best bet is to get to the Choi Hung Public Transport terminus and then take minibus 1 to Sai Kung. At the MTR, there's always a lineup and you could wait a bit for a seat and it's more hassle. There are a bunch of buses like 101 you can take from Central which will minimize connections but you can figure a good two hours to get to the course including ferry and minibus to the clubhouse. You are looking at minimum 10 hours from the time you leave to coming back home. You have to be very devoted to the game to play regularly here and KSC's courses are not everyone's cup of tea.