LOOKING FOR GYM PARTNER IN "PHYSICAL" SHATIN

Closed Thread

LOOKING FOR GYM PARTNER IN "PHYSICAL" SHATIN

hi everyone!

i am actually helping put this thread up for my bf who is in need of a "spotter" for his weight training.

he goes to the "physical" in shatin and works out "twice" a week.

since he has an "irregular" job timing, it's better to plan out the days in advance. if anyone of you out there in the shatin area would like to help out, please PM me!!

thanks!!!

I don't mean to be rude but why does he need a spot?
    unless a person's powerlifting A LOT of weight noone should need a spot in the gym...

i see spotters and personal trainers helping their friends / clients bench 2 plates a side (at poor form. i question PTs in HK sometimes)... no offence its seriously a joke. try not to laugh when you watch them dislocate their shoulder.

i cant help but stress that weight training should be an individual sport. put on some DMX and 'Pump Iron' Arnold style. want to be like the big boys, eat like the big boys, lift like the big boys. just tell him to hit a 5x5 or a 10x10 program. check out some mags like MD (i've only seen this mag on the shelves @ admiralty, great taste. not the best but better than nothing), MF, bb, and watch a load of liftrite and olympia training vids; lift @ perfect form and he'll be gangsta in no time. good luck.

3 goals in life. family first, work hard, and train hard.

Last edited by jsn; 28-11-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jsn:
    I don't mean to be rude but why does he need a spot?
    unless a person's powerlifting A LOT of weight noone should need a spot in the gym...

i see spotters and personal trainers helping their friends / clients bench 2 plates a side (at poor form. i question PTs in HK sometimes)... no offence its seriously a joke. try not to laugh when you watch them dislocate their shoulder.

i cant help but stress that weight training should be an individual sport. put on some DMX and 'Pump Iron' Arnold style. want to be like the big boys, eat like the big boys, lift like the big boys. just tell him to hit a 5x5 or a 10x10 program. check out some mags like MD (i've only seen this mag on the shelves @ admiralty, great taste. not the best but better than nothing), MF, bb, and watch a load of liftrite and olympia training vids; lift @ perfect form and he'll be gangsta in no time. good luck.

3 goals in life. family first, work hard, and train hard.
    thanks JSN for your detailed reply!! i will forward it to the bf!