Like Tree37Likes

Brit swimmer snubs Chinese winner in Gwangju

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I do and I don't see what you see. I see the hard work that goes into those records and bodies.
    There is no doubt training put in. They are professionals competing at the peak of their chosen sports at the end of the day. However, humans have a limit. And to say that training techniques can evolve and deliver improvements, though incremental, on an ongoing basis whilst delivering these to expecting fans is highly unlikely.

Even your weekend warriors are juiced up to the gills thesedays. With social media and smartphones, you can see off-season bodies on the built athletes. The endurance types are a little trickier to see, but look at Lance Armstrong and what his crew did for many many years. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Running would also be in the same boat I am sure.

A well trained natural athlete will still beat out an enhanced semi-pro athlete by the way. Just like I am stronger and faster than someone who wants to only look good and compete topless in races. However, I would get smoked by someone who is even remotely serious about results who takes performance enhancing drugs. It is what it is.

Original Post Deleted
    I am glad you listed the FIA in your post after their disgraceful activity on Wednesday evening. Their press release 10 minutes before the end of 2020 F1 testing in Barcelona about the tacit admission that Ferrari cheated last year and then lo and behold, no FIA officials at the circuit for comment and also Ferrari press team and management, nowhere to be found . No details of the cheating published and the terms of the settlement will remain confidential. The fans and teams are spitting feathers as the FIA tried to slip this out when they thought no one was paying attention and now we have to wait the weeks until Melbourne for the first GP. Who runs the FIA? A Ferrari guy. Jean Todt, so I suppose it was to be expected. Now THAT'S corruption!
    chuckster007 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5