Like Tree22Likes

Hong Kong vs Iran

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Just checked looks like the away fans are in the south stand on one side. I've booked me @justjoe86 right in amongst the home 'ultras' for the full antiELAB experience.
    I'm sorry, but the lack of planning there by placing the away fans of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the only main stand in the stadium where you are allowed to drink beer in your seats is breathtaking.

Will nobody think of the fat middle aged white guys?
    Trebor, drumbrake and chuckster007 like this.

Buy tickets online here: https://venue.cityline.com/utsvInter...ivityCode=EAFF

If you Google it, you'll see the SCMP article "how can I get tickets", then in that article follow the 2nd Cityline link.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    latest fifa ranking
    Iran 23
    HKG 147
    does it really fcuking matter?
    HK soccer standard is crap
    Lol, they are crap compared to the best few teams in the world, but theres not a huge difference compared to the third tier national teams I think. Iran are probably at the higher end of those. Fifa rankings are normally not a great indicator of how good teams are.

I've played with some of the pros from the HK league and they are heads and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. I think a bit of improvement in athleticism and tactical knowledge would put the HK team in good stead.

Just an FYI to those of you going:

47PM ï¼ˆçƒå“¡é€²å ´å‰ï¼‰å Š 08:00PMï¼ˆé³´ç¬›ä¸€åˆ»ï¼‰å ±ã€Šé¡˜æ¦®å…‰æ­¸é¦™æ¸¯ €‹
    集合時間:07:40PM
    é›†åˆåœ°é»žï¼šæ——æ¡¿åº •

4. 香港之路
    æ™‚é–“ï¼šä¸­å ´ä¼‘æ¯æ ‚
    集合地點: 𣄃桿底
    æ‰‹æ‹–æ‰‹äººéˆåœå¤§ç ƒå ´ä¸€åœˆ

1. All Football Club Fans Joint-Marching
    Before the match at 07:00PM,gathering at Exit F of Causeway Bay, with favourite Football Club jersey on, matching to the Hong Kong Stadium and shouting Hong Kong Team’s slogan to cheer up for the Team

2. Supporting Hong Kong Team in the Match
    Changing to Hong Kong Team home jersey / red tee when arriving the Stadium to cheer up for Hong Kong Team together

3. Singing the Protest Songs
    Singing 《Glory to Hong Kong》at 07:47PM (Before players walking into the field) and 08:00PM (Moment when whistle is blown)
    Gather Time: 07:40PM
    Gathering Location:Under the flag poles

4. The Hong Kong Way
    Time: During Intermission
    Gathering Location: Under the flag poles
    Forming a human chain surrounding the Stadium

TG: https://t.me/joinchat/AbirsRWg4mBGV10CZdp-FQ

Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    Lol, they are crap compared to the best few teams in the world, but theres not a huge difference compared to the third tier national teams I think. Iran are probably at the higher end of those. Fifa rankings are normally not a great indicator of how good teams are.

I've played with some of the pros from the HK league and they are heads and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. I think a bit of improvement in athleticism and tactical knowledge would put the HK team in good stead.
    The Philippine team are higher ranked than Hong Kong and I would rank them as National League (5th tier) in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The Philippine team are higher ranked than Hong Kong and I would rank them as National League (5th tier) in the UK.
    The foreign players within the HK setup actually have some decent pedigree, much better than National League.

Fifa rankings dont mean much.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I think HK are a bit better than the National League level (after all they are supposed to be the best in HK). But its true that most National teams are not as good as club teams even at the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    The foreign players within the HK setup actually have some decent pedigree, much better than National League.

Fifa rankings dont mean much.
    Actually having checked this, im not sure the current players have much pedigree at all

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast