Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgl

Good gym around Sai Wan Ho?

Closed Thread

Question Good gym around Sai Wan Ho?

Is there a good weight lifting gym near Sai Wan Ho you could recommend, e.g., ones with good number of benches, dumbbells, barbells, deadlift mats etc. Thanks.

Not that I know of. And probably just no overall- gyms seem to thin out a lot once you get east of North Point.

Look at Pure over in Taikoo Place, but that's a bit of a hike.

argh... no demand or no supply, you reckon?

I've been thinking about Fitness First close to MTR, so I can train before or after work if my mind stays strong

LCSD has a gym at island east sports centre

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    LCSD has a gym at island east sports centre
    With zero barbells and zero deadlift platforms.

LCSD gyms are cheap but essentially useless for anyone interested in strength training.

Pure in Taikoo place used to have one or two squat racks and one Oly platform for deadlifting. Lots of benches, which is normal for most gyms. They recently opened up another facility about 50m away in another building which I was told would have another two power racks, but I've never checked it.

@expataus if you're thinking about Fitness First, be careful to check it out first. You can typically get a free week to trial. They vary a lot in quality and equipment- the one in Fortress Hill is a joke, the one at Hopewell Centre is good. There is an old gym thread where a member said that they weren't allowed to drop weights on the Oly platform at the Sheung Wan branch, which completely defeated the point of having one.
    Last edited by jgl; 01-10-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    expataus likes this.

Good man, thank you! I will check out both FF and Pure! Weight training is my way to lift mood and stress relief, I’ll 100% need it coming to a new place and new gig 💪