Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jobin

Golf in HK?

Golf in HK?

So my friend is suggesting to go play golf in HK.

isnt that a rich people sport in HK? How crazy expensive will this be.... I ain’t rich like her...

please tell me there is no club entrance fee.... what about clubs? Do people bring there own or can I just rent. Even if I buy a set of club, I won’t have the space to store the damn thing thanks to ultra small apartment...

If you are a total golf newbie, HK is not the place for you if not 'rich'. To play at the public course on KSC you must present some evidence of skill. The courses there are crowded and the mgnt cannot tolerate slow play and the angry golfers who do not finish the day due to slow players ahead of them. Private golf possible if have quite rich friends or you win the lottery.
    I suggest snooker for you. Widely available, not very expensive, equipment usually provided, demands proper technique and skill (like golf), can play at night, girls are welcome.

Coolboy likes this.

I think your friend means to go to the practice range, which means it’s going to be a couple of hundred at most including golf club rental. It’s pointless for newbies to play on a course itself because they simply don’t have the necessary skill to do so, you would lose a lot of balls and would have to give up the hole because you won’t finish.

Only after a level of competency, i.e. consistently hitting the same distance with at least 6 different clubs (driving, medium irons and short irons) IN A STRAIGHT LINE should you consider going on a course. Before that, you need a decent set of clubs which will set you back around $5-8k... which you only decide to buy if you really get into the practice at the driving ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    .Only after a level of competency, i.e. consistently hitting the same distance with at least 6 different clubs (driving, medium irons and short irons) IN A STRAIGHT LINE should you consider going on a course.
    That was badly worded. It should be hitting the same distance with one club consistently and be able to do that for at least 6 different clubs.