Like Tree79Likes

No gym for weeks at Pure :-(

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Pure is doing Free classes on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-RJKWNj..._web_copy_link

work2live likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Or stay home. Gyms are not essential at this time. People's lives before your body.
    This. Turns out buying a set of heavy dumbbells a couple of months ago was the best idea I've had all year
    hullexile and Cornmeal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by work2live:
    I have been told their pay depends on the number of class taught. If it is the case, quite a big impact on them. This incident is so unprecedented. Never in my gym life have I experienced something like it. Now apart from home workout, we are left with no option.
    Yes, however the guy
    I was referring to was a local gym manager of a international company. (contracted/saleried) They've just said he's not needed.

I'll be surprised if they reopen in 2 weeks tbh. I assume they'll want to make any call to end or extend this soft lock down at least 3 days in advance, and I doubt the numbers will have decreased much by then. We won't even be 14 days past the most recent Fri and Sat. Think we're looking at 3-5 week shutdown.

My mate has a key fob for one of the cheap 24 hour gyms in Tseun Wam that you use for entry when the gym is unstaffed. He's going to pop down one day this week to see if they've properly locked up or not. Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he finds PTs and friends or the owner/franchisee in there working out!

octarine likes this.

Also - the absolute state of the cleanshirts in here chastising the OP. Do you lot just trawl the forums for unrelated threads you've no interest in to make sure everyone's tucked up watching TVB with Gong Gong and Po Po?

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    Also - the absolute state of the cleanshirts in here chastising the OP. Do you lot just trawl the forums for unrelated threads you've no interest in to make sure everyone's tucked up watching TVB with Gong Gong and Po Po?
    What is a "cleanshirt"?

What is a "cleanshirt"?
    Since working from home I don't think I've seen one of them in quite some time

I am not anti gym.

We are only allowed out to buy food and then only at certain times.
    Only one person per household
    Not at all if you are under 18 or over 60.
    There is no public transport.
    Restaurants, bars, gyms are closed.
    You could only go hiking if you can walk there and not down the road (you would be stopped).

It is possible.
    You are in Philippines - a place with a very poor health system, no control over the spread and a high risk of bad outcomes. We are in HK - a place with some degree of control over the virus spread where most of the population are quite virus-aware. If the OP is staying within the law I see no reason why he cannot continue going to any gym he can still find open (which is the hard part). Exercise is good for the immune system. With the very limited community transmission we have in HK, it's not a high risk for him or society at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    You are in Philippines - a place with a very poor health system, no control over the spread and a high risk of bad outcomes. We are in HK - a place with some degree of control over the virus spread where most of the population are quite virus-aware. If the OP is staying within the law I see no reason why he cannot continue going to any gym he can still find open (which is the hard part). Exercise is good for the immune system. With the very limited community transmission we have in HK, it's not a high risk for him or society at this point.
    Yes I heard the same in the UK. 260 deaths in the past 24 hours.

I agree that measures should be adapted to the situations. We've been at this for a couple of months in HK and the clusters of cases have come from large social gatherings(weddings, bars, churches) and not from taking public transport(apart from the returnees on planes) or places of leisure where social distancing is fairly easy like gyms, cinemas, hiking trails, parks or bowling alleys. Comparing with the UK, Italy or the Phil isn't really relevant at this point. Singapore would be a better point of reference and they have more cases than HK.

Things are not perfect but so far, HK isn't part of the problem and has been at least maintaining a lid on it and the current resurgence of cases have nothing to do with gyms, cinemas, hiking trails, golf courses or bowling alleys having been open.

HK_Katherine and work2live like this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast