Like Tree79Likes

No gym for weeks at Pure :-(

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Original Post Deleted
    Why do you need to be so negative and constantly try to put people down. Does it make you feel good?

If course I'm not surprised by loss of jobs, I'm am very aware of what is going on. I was just making a comment about my own immediate experience on a thread about gyms.

My own son has immediately become unemployed in the UK and has very little savings to fall back on because he is a low earner so I also have very close experience of freelance/self employed workers.

As for spelling and grammar I am perfectly aware of my errors posting online on social media but this is not work and I tend not to bother on such nicities in such situations. Life's too short.

And yes, not an English teacher. I'm a Musician. Good English is not a key part of a being a good Musician or being able to teach it. Although, I do take more care and effort in a professional situation.
    Last edited by Pauljoecoe; 29-03-2020 at 10:14 AM.

The recent increase in infected cases is imported mostly. Infection not made at gyms, cinemas and sporting centres. People breaching quarantine and walking around. They are the one responsible but we are made to pay the price. Virus outbreak shows no sign of subsiding. It makes you feel bad when you read that more shops getting closed and more people unemployed every day.

BTW, after the imposed ban, I see that more people talking about how to cope with no gym the following two weeks on another social platform. So I am not alone :-)

Quote Originally Posted by work2live:
    The recent increase in infected cases is imported mostly. Infection not made at gyms, cinemas and sporting centres. People breaching quarantine and walking around. They are the one responsible but we are made to pay the price. Virus outbreak shows no sign of subsiding. It makes you feel bad when you read that more shops getting closed and more people unemployed every day.

BTW, after the imposed ban, I see that more people talking about how to cope with no gym the following two weeks on another social platform. So I am not alone :-)
    What fraction of 1% of the world's population go to a gym? There are people with zero income because of the virus, people starving, thousands dying. Just think how fortunate and privileged you are and stop worrying about not being able to go to the gym for a few weeks. It is a pain but really compared to the hell others are going through it is nothing.

Think of the greater suffering of others each time you get withdrawal pangs. Take up volunteering to help the more disadvantaged to fill the time.

So the gyms are back open again. Has anyone been back yet? Thoughts on how clean or safe they feel there? A lot of the equipment seems to rely on the users themselves cleaning them. I've seen some staff go around as cleaners, but I doubt they are able to cover every piece of equipment between uses.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    So the gyms are back open again. Has anyone been back yet? Thoughts on how clean or safe they feel there? A lot of the equipment seems to rely on the users themselves cleaning them. I've seen some staff go around as cleaners, but I doubt they are able to cover every piece of equipment between uses.
    Went back last Friday and have used the ICBC & Kinwick sites since. Personally, I’ve found it fine and feel that their set-up does the job. We regularly clean the machines & weights before and after use out of courtesy, but have never been in when the cleaners do that, but we are in first thing so presuming (hoping) it’s done before then.

Not sure they can do much more than they are doing. It’s certainly been busy, but to be expected. Feel that most are doing their best to abide by the guidelines given.
    tf19 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AliT:
    Went back last Friday and have used the ICBC & Kinwick sites since. Personally, I’ve found it fine and feel that their set-up does the job. We regularly clean the machines & weights before and after use out of courtesy, but have never been in when the cleaners do that, but we are in first thing so presuming (hoping) it’s done before then.

Not sure they can do much more than they are doing. It’s certainly been busy, but to be expected. Feel that most are doing their best to abide by the guidelines given.
    I think they've done a very good job of ensuring separation (body length dividers between exercise equipment, no more than 8 people per class) as well as tracking (compulsory declaration before entering clubs tied to your membership ID) and ensuring that plenty of sanitizing equipment is on hand to wipe down equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    I think they've done a very good job of ensuring separation (body length dividers between exercise equipment, no more than 8 people per class) as well as tracking (compulsory declaration before entering clubs tied to your membership ID) and ensuring that plenty of sanitizing equipment is on hand to wipe down equipment.
    Absolutely. The fact that you must go to the desk and sign in to show you have completed the declaration form is an important step. Naturally people can omit the details they wish, but what more can you do. You have to have an element of trust.

Let’s hope that the consistency remains.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7