Like Tree7Likes

Where to buy fitness equipment?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Been buying equipment on Taobao over the last month: got some of those Olympic plate dumbbells, among other things. I'm considering quitting the gym and just using the Olympic plates at my building's gym with the dumbbell handles. Will need to buy more plates to deadlift with, but I may just leave the extra plates in the building gym for everyone else to use (or lug them down there and back a few times a week)!
    How friendly are you with building management? It wouldn't surprise me if they disappeared one day. I know yoga mats used to get stolen in my old building, not sure if it was management/security or other residents.

If it were me, I'd consider a toast rack and wheel them down and back if it meant that much to you.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gch555:
    How friendly are you with building management? It wouldn't surprise me if they disappeared one day. I know yoga mats used to get stolen in my old building, not sure if it was management/security or other residents.

If it were me, I'd consider a toast rack and wheel them down and back if it meant that much to you.
    Considering just getting the extra plates I need to deadlift and farmer walking the loaded dumbbells to the gym can add more plates when I get down there.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Considering just getting the extra plates I need to deadlift and farmer walking the loaded dumbbells to the gym can add more plates when I get down there.
    Ha, sure, consider it an extended farmer's walk. Great for your forearms as well if you pinch the 45lb plates with your fingers

Bonus points if you keep holding them in the elevator, can't put them down, that's cheating!
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gch555:
    Ha, sure, consider it an extended farmer's walk. Great for your forearms as well if you pinch the 45lb plates with your fingers

Bonus points if you keep holding them in the elevator, can't put them down, that's cheating!
    Haha that's exactly what I intend on doing. I'm hoping I can work it out with them so I can walk all the way into the gym without putting them down to flash my monthly pass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3